STrib: Big tight end Wozniak has bigger shoes to fill for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

After redshirting in 2013, Wozniak played five games last season but didn’t have a catch. He has added 30 pounds since getting to campus and now weighs about 270. He’ll be counted on heavily with Lincoln Plsek (back injury) and Duke Anyanwu (knee) out. Sophomore Brandon Lingen returns after playing 11 games last season, including one start, but All-Big Ten pass-catcher Maxx Williams, a Baltimore Ravens draft pick in May, and the graduated Drew Goodger need to be replaced.

“Wozniak is just really playing well right now, and Lingen — those tight ends have certainly stood out,” Kill said.

Wozniak has improved dramatically as a blocker and pass catcher since arriving on campus.

“I looked a little uncoordinated, a little too slow for the speed of the game at the Division-I level,” he said. “But now that I’ve kind of grown into my body, my speed’s picked up. I feel more confident with my game.”

http://www.startribune.com/big-tight-end-wozniak-has-bigger-shoes-to-fill-for-gophers/324024341/

Go Gophers!!

Massive upside on this guy. How do you try to cover this guy, especially inside the 10?

Throw the ball where only Woz can catch it with his reach.

YAC... fall forward for two + yards.
It is hard to imagine anyone pushing him backwards!

Top Bottom