PiPress: Good friends Jerry Kill, Gary Patterson finally on same field - for one day

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fuller:

Gophers coach Jerry Kill and Texas Christian coach Gary Patterson gave a glimpse into their friendship the past few days when asked about playing against each other in Thursday's college football opener at TCF Bank Stadium.

As big as the game is for Minnesota and No. 2-ranked TCU, Kill and Patterson still find time to joke.

Kill said Saturday to tell Patterson he would run the wishbone offense to give him something else to prepare for.

"My answer to that is I've already worked on that against him because that's what I felt like he'd do anyway," Patterson said slyly on the Big 12 conference call Monday.

Patterson and Kill have never been on the same coaching staff, but they are both proteges of former Alabama and TCU coach Dennis Franchione, who is now at Texas State.

Franchione had Kill on his Pittsburg State (Kan.) staff as a linebackers coach in 1987, and then replaced him with Patterson a year later.

They were both from Kansas. Kill grew up in Cheney, and Patterson was from Rozell, about two hours away.

Kill was in Patterson's wedding and their staffs got together regularly for a decade before Minnesota played TCU last year in a 30-7 loss in Fort Worth.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...tball-this-year-coaching-friends-only-getting

Go Gophers!!

per Fuller:

Gophers coach Jerry Kill and Texas Christian coach Gary Patterson gave a glimpse into their friendship the past few days when asked about playing against each other in Thursday's college football opener at TCF Bank Stadium.

As big as the game is for Minnesota and No. 2-ranked TCU, Kill and Patterson still find time to joke.

Kill said Saturday to tell Patterson he would run the wishbone offense to give him something else to prepare for.

"My answer to that is I've already worked on that against him because that's what I felt like he'd do anyway," Patterson said slyly on the Big 12 conference call Monday.

Patterson and Kill have never been on the same coaching staff, but they are both proteges of former Alabama and TCU coach Dennis Franchione, who is now at Texas State.

Franchione had Kill on his Pittsburg State (Kan.) staff as a linebackers coach in 1987, and then replaced him with Patterson a year later.

They were both from Kansas. Kill grew up in Cheney, and Patterson was from Rozell, about two hours away.

Kill was in Patterson's wedding and their staffs got together regularly for a decade before Minnesota played TCU last year in a 30-7 loss in Fort Worth.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...tball-this-year-coaching-friends-only-getting

Go Gophers!!

beautiful.

The Gophers ought to line up in the wishbone to confuse them...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The Gophers ought to line up in the wishbone to confuse them...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Lineup in the Wishbone for some laughs between coaches, and then shift into the Golden I for some Minnesota football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom