Week One Non-Minnesota Games Thread

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Some big games to kickoff the season - can't believe it's finally here!

Thursday
North Carolina @ South Carolina, 5pm, ESPN - This is the game those of you watching from home will be cursing as it goes over its allotted three-hour time slot and makes you miss the start of the Gopher game.

Michigan @ Utah, 7pm, FS1 - Harbaugh's debut comes out west in a game few expect the Wolverines to win. If Michigan does win, khakis are poised to be the top seller at Walmarts nationwide.

Friday
Washington @ Boise State, 9:15pm, ESPN - The Chris Petersen bowl will help decide if Boise should be seriously considered a playoff contender or not.

Saturday
Stanford @ Northwestern, 11am, ESPN - NERRRRDDS!

Auburn vs Louisville (Atlanta), 2:30pm, CBS - Is Auburn for real? Do they deserve their lofty ranking after losing - a lot - down the stretch last season?

BYU @ Nebraska, 2:30pm, ABC - Tricky home opener and debut for Mike Riley in Lincoln. A loss and things will not be happy in cornland.

Penn State @ Temple, 2:30pm, ESPN - Don't laugh. Temple's defense will come to play in this one, and though a Penn State win is likely, a loss would start up the "B1G sucks hurr durr" train hardcore.

Arizona State vs Texas A&M (Houston), 6pm, ESPN - One team in the middle of the top 25, one just on the outside, two major conferences. I think this could go either way.

Texas at Notre Dame, 6:30pm, NBC - The Irish once again have lofty expectations (while the Longhorns, once again, do not) - but it's two major brands playing in primetime.

Alabama vs Wisconsin (Arlington), 7pm, ABC - Wisconsin is breaking in a new offensive line against Alabama's incredible defensive front. But, Bama has to find a new QB and Wisconsin's defense is going to be very, very good under Aranda yet again.

Monday
Ohio State at Virginia Tech, 7pm, ESPN - REVENGEBOWL 2015 as Ohio State tries to avenge their one loss from last season. They can't lose .. can they?

My picks:
South Carolina
Utah
Stanford
Auburn
Nebraska
Penn State
Arizona State
Notre Dame
Alabama
Ohio State
A great weekend, because college football is finally back!

I'd love to see Texas rip the Irish.

Anyone think Montana has a shot against NDSU? I'm smelling upset.

I am sure he already knew that. Sarcasm at it's finest

Highwayman is on late time due to Arizona is not on Daylight Savings Time.

Would not surprise me if Ohio State lost given the suspensions they have.

BYU will give Nebraska fits. We were too fast for them but that NU D could not stop the run last year.

Thursday
North Carolina @ South Carolina, 5pm, ESPN - This is the game those of you watching from home will be cursing as it goes over its allotted three-hour time slot and makes you miss the start of the Gopher game.

My guess is they will move the start over to ESPNU or another channel when the first game goes too long.

The games on Friday-Monday will be SO much more fun to watch if we can pull the upset Thursday night!

My guess is they will move the start over to ESPNU or another channel when the first game goes too long.

They usually start games on ESPNNews. That channel has more flexibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ticket sales for Saturday’s Alabama vs. Wisconsin game in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, are slow, reports NFL Media’s Gil Brandt.

Only “around” 40,000 tickets were sold as of Tuesday, with “very few” purchased by Wisconsin fans, Brandt said. AT&T Stadium, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, seats 85,000 spectators.

Play these damn games on campus and stop screwing the fans.

Ticket sales for Saturday’s Alabama vs. Wisconsin game in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, are slow, reports NFL Media’s Gil Brandt. Only “around” 40,000 tickets were sold as of Tuesday, with “very few” purchased by Wisconsin fans, Brandt said. AT&T Stadium, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, seats 85,000 spectators. Play these damn games on campus and stop screwing the fans.
Good God, yes.

And the same goes for basketball.

Ticket sales for Saturday’s Alabama vs. Wisconsin game in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, are slow, reports NFL Media’s Gil Brandt.

Only “around” 40,000 tickets were sold as of Tuesday, with “very few” purchased by Wisconsin fans, Brandt said. AT&T Stadium, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, seats 85,000 spectators.

Fans will keep getting screwed. These made for TV games are not going away. First week of the season and no competition from the NFL.

Good God, yes.

And the same goes for basketball.

Coach Cal refusing to do the Indiana home/home series is pathetic. I hate Becky as much as the next guy, but at least they offered home and homes to LSU and Bama (of course the SEC turned them down). Now college gameday is in Dallas...no where near a college campus.

Kudos to TCU for doing a home and home with us.

Unless I am doing something wrong, ticketmaster shows the cheapest tickets are $95. The cheapest on stubhub is $65. Probably not getting a lot of locals buying tickets at those prices. It's one thing for it to be that high when there is a demand, but not when there isn't one.

Georgia Tech is so much fun to watch. They could be a dark horse for the playoffs.

Central Michigan hanging in there with Oklahoma St. early on. 3-3 late in the 1st.

Suckagain....I mean, Michigan down 17-3, LOVE IT! The press that Khaki man get's is so obnoxious, but not going away anytime soon. Just
hope we can spank them on Halloween in front of some really good recruits on primetime.

Same Jake Ruddock. Make going throw, watch interceptions come. Michigan is going to have a tough year.

Same Jake Ruddock. Make going throw, watch interceptions come. Michigan is going to have a tough year.

MI looks exactly the same as last year...solid (not spectacular) on D, and a mess on O. As much as I'm sick of the Harbaugh train, my guess is they'll improve a lot as the year progresses.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HAHA, Ruddick.

Tonight:

Baylor at SMU (ESPN, 6 pm) - Bears better average 80 in the non-conference
Michigan State at Western Michigan (ESPNU, 6 pm) - how did the Broncos get that game?
Kent State at Illinois (BTN, 8 pm) - Kent was 2-9 last year
Washington at Boise (ESPN, 9:15 pm) - Peterson returns to face expected non-P5 champ

I'm interested in the Colorado State - Savannah State game. Of course, Savannah State is ranked by Sagarin at 248 out of 253, so CSU would literally get a better challenge from scrimmaging their own second team.

CSU should look good against them, but the Gophers won't learn much about CSU from this game. Of course, CSU won't learn much about themselves either.

Still, if any part of the game isn't going well for CSU against Savannah State, thus would be a red flag for them.

So, I guess all I'm just interested, even though we likely won't learn much. Just eager to play Colorado State

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Tonight:

Michigan State at Western Michigan (ESPNU, 6 pm) - how did the Broncos get that game?
Washington at Boise (ESPN, 9:15 pm) - Peterson returns to face expected non-P5 champ

Another QB that kind of got away.

Ryan Finley is starting at QB for Boise and his dad grew up in Edina. However, Ryan grew up outside of Phoenix.

Tonight:

MSU probably looks at it like a scrimmage. It's like an hour and a half by bus.

Tonight:

It's part of a "Celebrate the State" series Michigan State arranged with the directional Michigan universities. It's explained a little bit in the link below.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/08/post_31.html

Watch Bob Nielson at Western Illinois. They weren't ranked in the top 40 in FCS to start the year, I couldn't believe it! This is year 3 for him and they had some close losses to good teams last year. They beat #15 last night 33-5. Will the FBS offers be coming for him in the next few years? Or even after this year? Keep an eye on Western Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom