Shama: Approximately 200 tickets remain for TCU, then standing room only tix avail

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

As of today, approximately 200 tickets remained on sale for Thursday night’s game. When those tickets are gone, standing-room only will be sold and will contribute to an attendance that will be the largest for a Gophers game in TCF Bank Stadium history.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Has the ticket office ever sold standing room tickets before? I don't recall.

Has the ticket office ever sold standing room tickets before? I don't recall.
For hockey yes. Haven't there only been about 2 or 3 sell out games since 2009?

I've bought standing room tix for hockey myself. I'm referring to Football.

One of the greatest SRO efforts I've ever witnessed was when Al McGuire brought in Marquette against Musselman Gophers. The announced the attendance in the Strib the next morning at 19,000 plus. People were sitting on the aisle steps which prompted the wrath from the fire marshal. After that the U opened up the hockey arena with a big video screen.

per Shama:

As of today, approximately 200 tickets remained on sale for Thursday night’s game. When those tickets are gone, standing-room only will be sold and will contribute to an attendance that will be the largest for a Gophers game in TCF Bank Stadium history.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if those people who "were embarrassed" that the game wasn't sold out a couple of weeks ago still embarrassed?

I wonder if those people who "were embarrassed" that the game wasn't sold out a couple of weeks ago still embarrassed?
Ha! They've moved on to being unnecessarily "embarrassed" about something else I am sure. Their lives wouldn't be complete without a false sense of outrage and/or embarrassment about something they have no control over. [emoji6]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got some Kent St tickets for $15 a piece at the fair today...

Kent St might be tough to sell out. Ohio is homecoming so that one will be close. Nebraska, Michigan and Wisconsin should all be sold out as long as the season goes the way we hope it will. Illinois might be the smallest crowd of the season.

Those last 200 or so tickets are moving slower than molasses....

And on a related note it will be interesting to see how much SRO tickets cost and how many SRO tickets they sell.

The available tickets through the ticket office are almost exclusively in 220, 230 and 231 (136 seats available in those three sections as of this AM).

Stubhub is showing 1,398 tickets available as of this AM - expect this to drop by a huge portion by tomorrow as the deadline to ship in time for the game will have passed.

The available tickets through the ticket office are almost exclusively in 220, 230 and 231 (136 seats available in those three sections as of this AM).

Stubhub is showing 1,398 tickets available as of this AM - expect this to drop by a huge portion by tomorrow as the deadline to ship in time for the game will have passed.

All tickets are basically gone besides some scattered singles. I blew a chance at getting 4 in section 241, 11th row because I timed out. Ugh.

All tickets are basically gone besides some scattered singles. I blew a chance at getting 4 in section 241, 11th row because I timed out. Ugh.

220 and 230 still have a few rows.

It looks like 202 still has 4 left in the upper row as well.

I don't want terrible seats.

Stubhub is your only option, then (though most seats for TCF still offer a great view of the game, I understand not wanting to be top row in bench seating if at all possible). Still some decent seats on there for just above face value (section 207, row 27 for $54.90)

There is lower level between the 30's for about $100 and lower level corners for about $75 on stub hub

Even the upper corners of the stadium are a pretty good view.

I took my brother to a game last year in the upper corners. He had been to a few Vikes games at tcf and always shelled out $ to sit in the lower level. He was surprised at how good the view was up top and since then he has only bought upper level tix for Vikes games.

I took my brother to a game last year in the upper corners. He had been to a few Vikes games at tcf and always shelled out $ to sit in the lower level. He was surprised at how good the view was up top and since then he has only bought upper level tix for Vikes games.

Last season I went to 3 vikings home games, never paid more than $50/ticket to sit lower level between the 30s. One game it only cost $30/ticket. Don't know where your brother has been buying his tickets from but there were plenty of cheap tickets last year. This year I expect the vikes to be a little better and the tickets a little more expensive.

Stubhub is now down to 1,090.

Top Bottom