Shama: Gophers Coaches Praise QB Leidner

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Gophers head coach Jerry Kill said quarterback Mitch Leidner is the “best I’ve seen him” during the most recent weeks of practices. Offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said the redshirt junior starter looks “sharp” as Minnesota counts down the days to the opening game on Thursday night at home against national title contender TCU.

Kill and Limegrover remarked about Leidner’s confidence at a news conference this afternoon. After they spoke, Leidner told Sports Headliners his passing has improved from when he was a part-time starter as a freshman in 2013 and last year as the No. 1 quarterback.

“I feel like I am throwing the football as best as I ever had—accurate, consistent everyday and throwing with more velocity as well,” Leidner said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Oh, I REALLY hope this is true! But, I'm like the apostle Thomas in this regard, I'll need to see it on the field be fore I can get too excited.

`I hear what you say, but I'll trust what you do.'

per Shama:

Gophers head coach Jerry Kill said quarterback Mitch Leidner is the “best I've seen him” during the most recent weeks of practices. Offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said the redshirt junior starter looks “sharp” as Minnesota counts down the days to the opening game on Thursday night at home against national title contender TCU.

Kill and Limegrover remarked about Leidner’s confidence at a news conference this afternoon. After they spoke, Leidner told Sports Headliners his passing has improved from when he was a part-time starter as a freshman in 2013 and last year as the No. 1 quarterback.

“I feel like I am throwing the football as best as I ever had—accurate, consistent everyday and throwing with more velocity as well,” Leidner said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Coach Kill spoke the truth about the team from the day he walked in the door. I'm trusting he's telling the truth here.

Coach Kill spoke the truth about the team from the day he walked in the door. I'm trusting he's telling the truth here.

Exactly, which brings me to something I've been thinking about for the last few weeks. Every year Kill has tempered expectations before the season starts...except this year. Maybe that's because it is year 5, and all of his players. Or maybe because he knows this team is good, and has a real shot of beating TCU in the opener.

Top Bottom