It's still August and Bison are no longer undefeated!

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Down goes #1!

#12 Montana UPSETS #1 NDSU 38-35 on 1-yd TD blast w/:06 seconds left. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FCSkickoff?src=hash">#FCSkickoff</a> <a href="http://t.co/63MA07mqiP">http://t.co/63MA07mqiP</a></p>— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/637765916130963456">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let Upset Week begin baby!

Really good game.
Both quarterbacks better than 2014 Mitch Liedner, hopefully not better than 2015 Mitch liedner.

I think last years gophers beat both of those teams handily.

NDSU defense isn't what it was the last 4 years.

Really good game.
<b>Both quarterbacks better than 2014 Mitch Liedner</b>, hopefully not better than 2015 Mitch liedner.

I think last years gophers beat both of those teams handily.

NDSU defense isn't what it was the last 4 years.

Just silly. Were they playing against TCU, WI, or tOSU? Was Montana equivalent to the defenses that ML7 plays against? Just silly.

Overall just a great game to watch. Good start to the college football season.

Just silly. Were they playing against TCU, WI, or tOSU? Was Montana equivalent to the defenses that ML7 plays against? Just silly.
The NDSU QB could be the first one taken in the draft...

Great game. NDSU had the game all but salted away. Up 7 and driving over the 50 with about 6 minutes left, but they botched an exchange on a reverse and turned it over. Montana had a 4th down with a about 3 minutes and elected to kick a FG and hope for a stop (I thought it was a horrible decision...) Obviously, they got the stop and the game winning drive. College football is fantastic.

Did you watch the game?
You do know Wentz is an NFL prospect right?

You know NDSU beat down Iowa state last year?

You are right these defenses aren't close to TCU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevraska, BUT that Iowa State team they killed last year beat Iowa.

Those two defenses today are not significantly worse than Eastern Illinois, Middle TN St, San Jose, Purdue, and Illinois....Not better, but comparable.

Again I ask, did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?

You are right these defenses aren't close to TCU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevraska, BUT that Iowa State team they killed last year beat Iowa.

Those two defenses today are not significantly worse than Eastern Illinois, Middle TN St, San Jose, Purdue, and Illinois....Not better, but comparable.

You did say BOTH QBs, right?
No, I didn't watch the game. I did see a HS game last night tho and those QBs looked good too, so..........

Hell of a game. Both teams played well for their level and Montana gutted one out. #1 falls...

I watched and agree with you 100%, particularly on Wentz. Would take 2015 Wentz over 2014 Leidner.

I agree. Wouldn't trade for the Montana guy, but he had himself a day today

He looked good. Why are you trying to pick a fight?

I took the "Both QBs looked better than 2014 Mitch" as trolling. I'm sure they both looked great, but if the competition isn't the same you can't really compare. Also, if only 1 game, tough to compare (on either end). I don't care enough to fight over this - likely shouldn't have come at you that hard. Go Gophers!

Did you watch the game?

Wentz is an NFL prospect and if all goes well, could be drafted in the first three rounds. But the 1st QB drafted? That's more than a little bit optimistic. And while he is an NFL prospect, ranked higher in some services than Trevone Boykin, I'm much more concerned about TCU's actual performance on offense regardless of their QB's draft status in August.

NDSU did beat down Iowa State last year. But, um, Kansas beat Iowa State last year, so not sure what value bragging about beating ISU brings you. If you take anything from watching college football, it is that victories in college football do not have transitive value.

The two defenses put up today may be comparable to an E. Illinois, MTSU, SJSU, PU or IU in any given week, but not over a 12 game season.

Ease up on the hyperbole and respect and accept that NDSU is a good team that is a major player in their current division, and if making the commitment might be able to elevate that performance, but it would be far from guaranteed. They have done a great job of beating teams from the FBS in recent years, and I love when small schools do that, but I'm not dumb enough to think they could move into any power 5 conference and do anything other than get beaten down over the course of a 12 game season.

Neither of these teams matter beyond their fan base right now, and last I checked, we don't play them and this is a gopher message board......

Holy crap you two are insecure. Lol

You took me as trolling? Then why did you respond. I wasn't trolling but apparently making a comment about a game I actually watched constitutes trolling now.

Step off the ledge fellas

I took the "Both QBs looked better than 2014 Mitch" as trolling. I'm sure they both looked great, but if the competition isn't the same you can't really compare. Also, if only 1 game, tough to compare (on either end). I don't care enough to fight over this - likely shouldn't have come at you that hard. Go Gophers!

Do you realize that if I am trolling the correct response would be to not respond?

Are you intelligent at all? (This question is a troll question...let's see if you respond correctly)

Holy crap you two are insecure. Lol

You took me as trolling? Then why did you respond. I wasn't trolling but apparently making a comment about a game I actually watched constitutes trolling now.

Step off the ledge fellas
Honestly, we will never turn the corner until we stop caring about 1AA losses from the past.

Honestly, we will never turn the corner until we stop caring about 1AA losses from the past.

Agree 100%

I still think that game deserves a thread in here. First college football game of the year, great game, GRIZZ win.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Down goes #1!

#12 Montana UPSETS #1 NDSU 38-35 on 1-yd TD blast w/:06 seconds left. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FCSkickoff?src=hash">#FCSkickoff</a> <a href="http://t.co/63MA07mqiP">http://t.co/63MA07mqiP</a></p>— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/637765916130963456">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Inferiority complex!

Im really indifferent to the Bison. I think they are good for Fargo. I am happy some of my friends who have massive Bison egos will come back down to reality now. One in particular gives me crap. He was the starting center the first time they beat Gophers. My first and last post in this thread.

Go Gophers. In Kill we Trust. See you at TCF Thursday.

Do you realize that if I am trolling the correct response would be to not respond?

Are you intelligent at all? (This question is a troll question...let's see if you respond correctly)

Why you picking a fight?

Wentz is an NFL prospect and if all goes well, could be drafted in the first three rounds. But the 1st QB drafted? That's more than a little bit optimistic. And while he is an NFL prospect, ranked higher in some services than Trevone Boykin, I'm much more concerned about TCU's actual performance on offense regardless of their QB's draft status in August.

NDSU did beat down Iowa State last year. But, um, Kansas beat Iowa State last year, so not sure what value bragging about beating ISU brings you. If you take anything from watching college football, it is that victories in college football do not have transitive value.

The two defenses put up today may be comparable to an E. Illinois, MTSU, SJSU, PU or IU in any given week, but not over a 12 game season.

Ease up on the hyperbole and respect and accept that NDSU is a good team that is a major player in their current division, and if making the commitment might be able to elevate that performance, but it would be far from guaranteed. They have done a great job of beating teams from the FBS in recent years, and I love when small schools do that, but I'm not dumb enough to think they could move into any power 5 conference and do anything other than get beaten down over the course of a 12 game season.

Neither of these teams matter beyond their fan base right now, and last I checked, we don't play them and this is a gopher message board......

Well said!

Does ESPN Game Day still go to Fargo this year after this loss? Or is that decision set in stone?

Don't worry. Their fans will still think they could win the Big Ten West.

Top Bottom