BTN question ---

Rog

Reaction score
I noticed this entire Saturday afternoon on BTN is "Ohio State" programming and this is about the same every day. I take that back, from Midnight to 6 AM Ohio State takes a breather.

If any other B10 team other than possibly Michigan, reach Ohio State status would they get the same coverage? Think of Minnesota, what would we get??

BTN programmer's have an obligation to put on whatever gets them the highest ratings. Not supposed to be fair. No one should feel slighted.

Some good barometers are Wisky and MSU. They have recent success, recent B1G championships, and are respected FBS programs. But Wisky and MSU's last national championship claims were 1942 & 1966. The CFP has rendered national title arguments a thing of the the past. So... until another B1G program wins the CFP, the BTN big dogs will continue to be OSU (2014), Michigan (1997), PSU (1994), and Nebraska (1997).

If you are going to show mostly Ohio State programming, you are going to get a larger Ohio State audience... Which you can use to justify MORE Ohio State Programming.

BTN programmer's have an obligation to put on whatever gets them the highest ratings. Not supposed to be fair. No one should feel slighted.

So they are obligated to put on 2014 MN vs Purdue replay 7,437 times during the months of July and August because that gets the highest ratings?

Everyone should feel slighted. BTN has been getting progressively worse and the SEC Network just passed it by in every measurable way.

So they are obligated to put on 2014 MN vs Purdue replay 7,437 times during the months of July and August because that gets the highest ratings?

Everyone should feel slighted. BTN has been getting progressively worse and the SEC Network just passed it by in every measurable way.

As is, I'm pretty sure the Gophers only played Purdue last season...

Top Bottom