CBS: Five things college football coaches should be fined over

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

This week Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster unintentionally set off a firestorm. Foster told reporters that the Virginia Tech coaching staff was trying to figure out if it could fine players by taking money from their new cost of attendance scholarships. We then learned that Virginia Tech coaches had already been fining players for various infractions, and when the school's athletic director, Whit Babcock, found out, he correctly put an end to the practice.

But it'd be foolish to think that Virginia Tech is the only place where this has happened, and we now know for a fact that it's not the only school that thinks fining unpaid student-athletes would be a good idea, as Cincinnati has jumped on the bandwagon too.

This all got me to thinking. If coaches are so enthused about the idea of fining their players -- who don't get paid, and can't have jobs -- I think it's only fair that we should be able to levy fines against millionaire coaches for doing things we don't want them to do.

So for this week's Friday Five I've come up with five things I'd like to see coaches fined for. I mean, coaches get all sorts of different kinds of bonuses for accomplishing things, they should get fined too. It's only fair.

5. A Bad Team GPA
4. For Players Getting Arrested:
3. Bad Clock Management
2. For Calling A Goal Line Fade
1. Punting In Your Opponent's Territory

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-five-five-things-coaches-should-be-fined-for

Go Gophers!!

Coaches should be fined for a player getting arrested? Really? I wonder how this guy feels about "Gopher Loafer" t-shirts.

Top Bottom