Beckman Fired?

Back to BB,. I still think he will get it done at Arkansas.[/QUOTE]

The natives don't like Beilema, which is odd because a classy guy like him should fit right in with Arkansan folk, wink, wink. But his time is limited in the SEC West.

Back to BB,. I still think he will get it done at Arkansas.
The natives don't like Beilema, which is odd because a classy guy like him should fit right in with Arkansan folk, wink, wink. But his time is limited in the SEC West.[/QUOTE]

What are you basing this on that the Arkansans don't like him?

Beckman is a complete dolt. The guy came off as a dufus from day one, I'm pi$$ed we actually found a way to lose to that blowhard. Jerry Kill's worst loss. Illinois can only go up from here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/122672/firing-of-illinois-coach-tim-beckman-long-overdue

Beckman was a Big Ten sideshow for much of the past three years. One of the more recent lowlights was his eccentric showing at this year's media day, when he shouted throughout his statements and stumbled through an explanation of "Oskee," Illinois' battle cry. ("Our Success equals the Knowledge. ... E stands for effort, and then the last E stands for energy.")

In a lot of ways, Beckman's firing was a long time coming.

His antics might've been entertaining to outsiders, but he was simply an embarrassment for the Fighting Illini. Every season, he found himself in the hot seat, but he always did just enough to avoid firing, like winning his two final Big Ten games last season to become bowl eligible.

In 2012, he was the lone Big Ten coach to arrive on Penn State's campus in an attempt to poach players, who were eligible to transfer elsewhere without sitting a year. Then he denied being on campus -- despite players' accounts of the staff waiting outside their apartments. On top of that, he committed a blatant NCAA violation when chewing tobacco on the sideline ... while on TV.

In 2013, Beckman and offensive coordinator Bill Cubit nearly came to blows in the third quarter of the Ohio State game. Said the ESPN broadcaster covering the game: "I don't know if I've ever seen anything like what I just saw." Local pundits already questioned why he wasn't fired after that season.

In 2014, Beckman became a running joke thanks to his habit of saying in news conferences that Illinois was just a "few plays away" from a win -- despite sometimes losing by more than two touchdowns. In October, Beckman and Cubit also publicly disagreed on whether a two-quarterback system was the path to success. (Beckman felt it was; Cubit did not.)

And now, Beckman has finally done something that just can't be ignored. Deterring players from seeking medical treatment is way beyond embarrassing; it even went beyond irresponsible and bordered on cruel...

Being that the season hasn't yet started, I wonder if any will use 2015 as transfer year.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom