ESPN: 'Lizard Boy' Rodrick Williams Jr. looks to lead Minnesota rushing attack

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

If Rodrick Williams Jr. accomplishes nothing else in his Minnesota career, he will always have one claim to fame.

"He may be the only guy in college football who takes his lizard for a walk," Gophers running backs coach Pat Poore said.

Williams is the proud owner of a 10-month old, 2-foot-long savannah monitor. He has a leash and a harness for his pet lizard and occasionally takes him for walks outside his off-campus apartment.

As you might imagine, Williams garners some quizzical looks from passers-by on those reptilian rambles. But his teammates mostly just shrug.

"It’s kind of fitting for him," quarterback Mitch Leidner said. "It's not too much of a surprise if you know how goofy he is."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...lliams-looks-to-lead-minnesota-rushing-attack

Go Gophers!!

So is it Lizard Boy or Nugget? I still think I like Nugget better. What a weird dude. Imagine having a 5-foot long lizard for a pet.

That's pretty funny! Hopefully, he balances the march to a different drum with a surprisingly effective season.

So is it Lizard Boy or Nugget? I still think I like Nugget better. What a weird dude. Imagine having a 5-foot long lizard for a pet.

The real question is who would win in a nugget eating contest, Williams, his lizard or the King? Talk about marketing potential...

He wants to get into the mind of the Horned Frog (actually is a lizard) so he has studied the lizard, cared for the lizard, and found the lizard's weaknesses. Predicting a big game after this story. :D

He wants to get into the mind of the Horned Frog (actually is a lizard) so he has studied the lizard, cared for the lizard, and found the lizard's weaknesses. Predicting a big game after this story. :D

Wow! This is the ultimate in game preparation. Go Gophers!

Wow. I laughed out loud, literally, several times. Best article of the year, so far.

Top Bottom