Student Tickets - TCU

MaroonGold1

Reaction score
I have a coworker who is planning on going to the TCU game with his fiance who is a grad student starting at the U this fall. She bought them 2 student seats to the game vs TCU.. I mentioned to him he may want to double check the U policy on that, does anyone know if you still have to show a Student ID at the gate? Is the policy different for TCU since school hasn't started yet? The fact that the U let her buy 2 seats leads me to believe that maybe they changed the policy..?

I have a coworker who is planning on going to the TCU game with his fiance who is a grad student starting at the U this fall. She bought them 2 student seats to the game vs TCU.. I mentioned to him he may want to double check the U policy on that, does anyone know if you still have to show a Student ID at the gate? Is the policy different for TCU since school hasn't started yet? The fact that the U let her buy 2 seats leads me to believe that maybe they changed the policy..?

Haven't people talked about this year there's gonna be a Student Ticket and Friend policy? If it's true if will help the visual of a less than full Upper Deck Student section. That should make people happy. What won't make Gopher Fans happy is the increase in Badger fans in the Student section on 11/28.

Yup - not sure if its new this year or not but I found this on GopherSports after I wrote the post

Football student season ticket holders are able to purchase up to four guest tickets per game at the regular single game student price. A student guest ticket allows a non-student to sit in the student section.

Yup - not sure if its new this year or not but I found this on GopherSports after I wrote the post

Football student season ticket holders are able to purchase up to four guest tickets per game at the regular single game student price. A student guest ticket allows a non-student to sit in the student section.

Four?! That sounds like a very bad idea.

Four?! That sounds like a very bad idea.

My Son will be a U freshman this fall. He received an e-mail a couple of days ago stating that the 4 guest pass policy will not apply to the TCU game. I would assume guest passes are not available for TCU because they are giving all 5,000 freshman a free ticket to the game.

My Son will be a U freshman this fall. He received an e-mail a couple of days ago stating that the 4 guest pass policy will not apply to the TCU game. I would assume guest passes are not available for TCU because they are giving all 5,000 freshman a free ticket to the game.

They could do the same for a game like Wisconsin due to high student demand.

Thanks. Any idea if it will be available for the damn Badger game? Maybe since you can't get single tickets for that game it won't be?

They could do the same for a game like Wisconsin due to high student demand.

That's also Thanksgiving weekend, and it's always a chore to get students to show up to a football game at that time. My guess is the policy will be in place for the UW game.

Guest passes are not available for tcu. They will be for all other games. This is according to the ticket office

Guest tickets are not available for TCU as others have mentioned. Guest tickets for the rest of the season go on sale on September 8.

That's also Thanksgiving weekend, and it's always a chore to get students to show up to a football game at that time. My guess is the policy will be in place for the UW game.

They showed up in droves 2 years ago. If there is a title riding on that game, it will be packed with students.

Even though the U isn't a commuter school anymore, the advantage of having a large % of your student body close (even when they're at their parents house) is that Thanksgiving weekend isn't an obstacle to attendance.

They showed up in droves 2 years ago. If there is a title riding on that game, it will be packed with students.

Except that it wasn't Thanksgiving weekend 2 yrs ago. I sure hope OUR students show up, especially if the West is on the line.

That seems like a very bad idea for the Wisconsin game.

Top Bottom