Gophers B1G schedule; open @ Ohio State

When is the last time we opened with a home game against say Northwestern or Penn State?

One of the best B1G home schedules we've had in recent memory. And no Sunday home games. I like that.

First 4 home games are Saturdays. Others are 3 Wednesdays, 1 Tuesday, and 1 Thursday.

In case you're lazy like me and want it all in this thread:

2015-16 Minnesota Men's Basketball Big Ten Conference Schedule (all game times TBA)

12/30/15 Wed. at Ohio State

1/2/16 Sat. Michigan State

1/5/16 Tue. at Penn State

1/9/16 Sat. Northwestern

1/12/16 Tue. at Nebraska

1/16/16 Sat. Indiana

1/20/16 Wed. at Michigan

1/23/16 Sat. Illinois

1/27/16 Wed. Purdue

1/30/16 Sat. at Indiana

2/4/16 Thu. at Northwestern

2/10/16 Wed. Michigan

2/14/16 Sun. at Iowa

2/18/16 Thu. Maryland

2/23/16 Tue. Rutgers

2/28/16 Sun. at Illinois

3/2/16 Wed. Wisconsin

3/5/16 Sat. at Rutgers

3/9/15- Wed.-Sun. Big Ten Tournament
3/13/15

(Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

A Gopher basketball season just isn't the same without an epic showdown against arch-rival Penn State at the end.

Go Gophers!!

I much prefer a schedule like this to the type of schedule the Gophers have had in recent years. It seems like we always get a "must win"/"better win" type game as the opener or the second game of the conference schedule. For example last year we started at Purdue which most agreed was a pretty big barometer game for the Gophers season. I believe in Tubby's last year the home opener was against Michigan which was another very important game for the Gophers. I believe we lost leads in both those games and ended up having a disappointing conference record both years.

I'd much rather start with a layup (though we've lost two years in a row at home to Northwestern) or a game where the Gophers are significant dogs and play those important 50/50 type games later in the season.

Go Gophers!!

It is an excellent B1G home slate, coach. Now how about scheduling a decent game in November-December that isn't connected to the ACC Challenge or Dave Gavitt Games?

It will never be the same without Bobby Knight coming to the Barn.

It is an excellent B1G home slate, coach. Now how about scheduling a decent game in November-December that isn't connected to the ACC Challenge or Dave Gavitt Games?

Anything else your highness? I don't think you will ever be satisfied.

And when they play all P5 schools for the preseason schedule will you be complaining about not winning as many games as the other B1G schools the schedule the cupcakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything else your highness? I don't think you will ever be satisfied.

And when they play all P5 schools for the preseason schedule will you be complaining about not winning as many games as the other B1G schools the schedule the cupcakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you're fine going to watch us beat down Northwest School of the Blind every non-conference game? Most people on here (including me) agree with SS.

Fantastic schedule. Don't know about this squad but under normal circumstances very favorable.

Your reading comprehension skills need work, but nice use of hyperbole. Good job.

What a broken record. He got us the OKST game. If you aren't happy with the home games, give up your season tickets and save us all the trouble of having to deal with your bitching on the board. It's getting to the point where I might have to put you on ignore.

What a broken record. He got us the OKST game. If you aren't happy with the home games, give up your season tickets and save us all the trouble of having to deal with your bitching on the board. It's getting to the point where I might have to put you on ignore.

Exactly. We get it that you want a better non conference schedule, but you will gripe no matter who they play. My last hyperbole was to try and make a point, but I guess it wasn't up to your standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. We get it that you want a better non conference (HOME) schedule. ...

You're correct, I do gripe about certain pet peeves, but you missed a very important word. I've added it, bolded it, and underlined it for you. For those without good comprehension skills, somehow me requesting 2 "decent" home games every November-December turns into, "That griping S.O.B. wants every non-conference home game to be vs. Power 6 opponents."

That's so far from the truth. Give us someone like a Providence/Seton Hall, a Kansas State/Texas Tech, an Oregon State/Wazzu, or an Auburn/Ole Miss every year -- in addition to the ACC or Dave Gavitt home opponent -- and I'd be perfectly happy. Doesn't have to be anywhere near a Villanova, Kansas, Arizona, or Kentucky-like opponent.

But please feel free, continue to interpret my actual gripe however you like.

I'm with Hodger. Just one Power 5 home game a year that's not mandated. Or every other year. Or at this point, once every three years, or five years. The broken record isn't on the shoulders of Hodger, its on the coaches, administrators, etc. that for some reason keep telling us it will happen. The Oklahoma State game is a great addition to the schedule, just wish it was a home and home. And if we find ourselves on the Bubble, we'll wish we had that shot at a solid home win as opposed to the 200+ RPI squads that will play in The Barn in November and December.

Go Gophers!!

Gotta love the four home Saturday games. Weren't there a couple years when it was one or zero Sat home games?

I'm not too sure how it gets better, schedule wise from a chance to win games perspective? We only play Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers and Northwestern twice. We play Maryland, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue all once at home. Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa once on the road. It can't get much more favorable than that, can it? Sure, we can quibble about the order or some other wishes but that is a favorable Big Ten schedule.
Four top rated teams only at home. Four lesser rated teams only on the road. And the opportunity of five beatable teams twice.
It'd be nice to start with an easier beginning but kept in perspective again, we are young and the season is 18 games long so we should get better as the season progresses versus coming out of the chute with any game being a lock under any circumstances. So from that idea playing Ohio State once on the road to start the season is maybe alright.

We need to play better non conference opponents to improve, to prepare for the Big Ten season, to have a chance to be a tournament team. Playing games that are almost impossible to lose is fine in moderation to begin the season but not as many of those games as we've had the last several years. You just do not get better playing crappy teams...the adjustment to competing in the Big Ten is just too much of a contrast. I agree with SS...he's only asking for one or two more quality opponents in the non conference and so am I.

Please don't. I beg you. I just don't know what I'll do if you do that.

When you have a gun, sometimes you have to pull the trigger. Haha.

SS, you've been a fan a long time. Your point is 100% valid and I have the same issue. It's been an issue for a long time. Asking for one a year, especially when we are a perpetual bubble team, is not a big deal and should be expected.

That being said, it's pretty funny to have someone that's from Madison and acts like a Badger fan threatening to put you on ignore.

When you have a gun, sometimes you have to pull the trigger. Haha.

SS, you've been a fan a long time. Your point is 100% valid and I have the same issue. It's been an issue for a long time. Asking for one a year, especially when we are a perpetual bubble team, is not a big deal and should be expected.

That being said, it's pretty funny to have someone that's from Madison and acts like a Badger fan threatening to put you on ignore.
That is the first time I've ever been called a badger fan. You must not visit this place too often.

And you're fine going to watch us beat down Northwest School of the Blind every non-conference game.

+1

Top Bottom