My Leidner expectations for the TCU game

First game of the season against the #2 team in the nation. Leidner, if he's like the past, will be so nervous and over-pumped that he'll be tossing screen passes into the third row seats. If he hasn't learned how to secure the ball as a runner, he'll have two or three fumbles by half-time.

I have no faith in Mitch Leidner until I actually see him provide positive yardage for the Gophers next Thursday night. Until then, he's still the guy who ranked as one of the worst passers in the B1G last season.

Now, hopefully Mitch will show us all how much he's improved and I'll be thrilled to say he's the QB of the Minnesota Gophers. I can't say that until I see it happen in a meaningful game.

Actually he was 6th in the conference in passing efficiency and 5th in yards per attempt.

I do agree about Leidner coming out nervous though. He looked pretty rough in the opener last year against Eastern Illinois.

6-17 for 82 yds. 3 sacks and 2 ints. I'll leave the rushing yds a blank space but my hope is he runs for about 125 yds.

if Leidner has a game like that, the Gophers are almost certain to lose the game. So, a question to you, Mr wait!what? -- would you rather see Leidner have a good game, be proven wrong, and see the Gophers win ---- OR would you rather see Leidner have a bad game, be proven right, and see the Gophers lose. I hope I'm wrong, but I get a strong sense you would rather see the Gophers lose if it means you are proven right.

I want to see the Gophers win, and I don't care who has a good game (or a bad game) as long as the Gophers win. That's my agenda. I think we all know what your agenda is.

Why do folks have such a hard time understanding that Mitch is average?

Well,

Why do folks have such a hard time understanding that Mitch is average?

Maybe for the same reason you can't see he might be above average. He certainly is above average depending how many quarterbacks you compare him to or to which ones. And he just may be above average at season's end to many more people.

It also depends on the criteria we are going to use to determine above average. Being the leader of a team coming off back to back 8 and 5 seasons, makes him above average to me.

How come you can't see that?

In short, it boils down to everybody has their own opinion about everything and reaching a concensus on anything in life is not easy.

Maybe for the same reason you can't see he might be above average. He certainly is above average depending how many quarterbacks you compare him to or to which ones. And he just may be above average at season's end to many more people.

It also depends on the criteria we are going to use to determine above average. Being the leader of a team coming off back to back 8 and 5 seasons, makes him above average to me.

How come you can't see that?

In short, it boils down to everybody has their own opinion about everything and reaching a concensus on anything in life is not easy.

I wasn't bashing ML7, I was defending him.

I wasn't bashing ML7, I was defending him.

I understand your intentions. I'm saying raise your argument to higher level of defense for Mitch. He ain't just average. Hang on I gotta edit this and add this:DISCLAIMER: The above post may contain speculation and/or opinions

I understand your intentions. I'm saying raise your argument to higher level of defense for Mitch. He ain't just average. Hang on I gotta edit this and add this:DISCLAIMER: The above post may contain speculation and/or opinions

I am on board with Mitch. Can't stand it when folks compare him to the Mankato QB. He has done a fine job and I think with another year of experience, better protection, and better WRs, he could be very good. I'm almost expecting that this year. However, tough to make an argument that he has been much better than average to this point. He hasn't been worse, but not much/any better either. To this point in time. Dude's still young. Speculation and opinions are a-ok with me.

I am on board with Mitch. Can't stand it when folks compare him to the Mankato QB. He has done a fine job and I think with another year of experience, better protection, and better WRs, he could be very good. I'm almost expecting that this year. However, tough to make an argument that he has been much better than average to this point. He hasn't been worse, but not much/any better either. To this point in time. Dude's still young. Speculation and opinions are a-ok with me.

Cool...I was just messin' around...I think we see it pretty similar.:cool02:

Top Bottom