Funny at TCU's boards

The forecast calls for temperatures typical of mid July in MN, not early September. Whereas the same temperature would be typical for DFW in mid September, so that's probably why TCU fans feel they have an advantage. Overall, I don't think weather will play a role in this game whatsoever.

Let's not conflate daily averages with typical temperatures. What's typical is for temperatures to be variable all summer. There's nothing strange about temperatures in the 80s-90s in early September. A used the word normal instead of the word average deliberately.

Let's not conflate daily averages with typical temperatures. What's typical is for temperatures to be variable all summer. There's nothing strange about temperatures in the 80s-90s in early September. A used the word normal instead of the word average deliberately.

Sure, but I wouldn't say temperatures 85-90 are typical for early September. Do they happen? Yes, but at most a handful of times. They are far more typical in July, hence the higher average. If we reach 90 that day, that will only be the 5th time this summer and the 7th time the last two summers combined.

Sure, but I wouldn't say temperatures 85-90 are typical for early September. Do they happen? Yes, but at most a handful of times. They are far more typical in July, hence the higher average. If we reach 90 that day, that will only be the 5th time this summer and the 7th time the last two summers combined.

Atypical summers, though. Just like 1988 was atypical, when we hit 90 about forty times.

Atypical summers, though. Just like 1988 was atypical, when we hit 90 about forty times.

Texas summers are worse than Minnesota winters. I lived in Houston for 2 years and in '09 Houston had 93 straight days with a high above 90 and swamp-ass dew points every one of those days. Just brutal.

I can put on more clothes. I can't take off my skin.

Ignore humidity, and focus on dew point which is the main driver of how it 'feels' outside.

This is one of the most misunderstood concepts out there. I can't believe the number of people that describe how it feels by saying "X% humidity" and have no clue what a dew point is.

I'm still trying to figure out why they think that normal Minnesota weather favors TCU.

I think it is seen more as a lack of disadvantage for TCU to have normal weather. People looking for a metric between TCU's margin of victory to Ohio's last year somehow incorporating the temperature or whatever. IDK.

Like every fan base, we have some fans that say/think strange things.

Back when we were in the WAC and Mountain West conferences, we would get teams like Wyoming, San Diego St, Colorado St, San Jose St, Boise St, etc. that would show up on a 100 degree humid Texas September day and collapse under the heat in the second half and the Frogs would destroy them after conditioning in that weather all summer and fall. That guy is grossly over-stretching that analysis here, I guess.

Why that guy thinks 80s in Minnesota in September would be anything other than comfortable to everyone blows the mind.

Temperature isn't the issue. The game starts after sun set (7:47 pm) so even if it was hot that day, it's not going to be overly hot in the game. And obviously it's not going to get so cold the first week of Sept. that it impacts the game. It just doesn't matter what the temperature is.

The one thing they should care about is wind. I hope it's good and windy, and some rain wouldn't hurt either. They should hope it isn't.

Top Bottom