Poll: Who will lead the 2015 Gophers in receiving yards?

• Eric Carter

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Desmond Gant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isaiah Gentry

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Melvin Holland Jr.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Jeff Jones

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • KJ Maye

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Rashad Still

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Drew Wolitarsky

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Duke Anyanwu

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I went with Wolitarsky. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a solid player for us.

JJ. YAC is going to be ridiculous. That starts with TCU!

Yeah I went with Maye. KJ and Leidner had some chemistry going during the bowl game, I'm thinking that will carry over into this year.

Yardage will be Maye or one of the tall young receivers, total catches will be Wolitarsky, JJ will be the wild card. I have dreams where it's all clicking and the offense is dominant then I wake up.

I think you have to go with Maye until one or more of the other guys proves themselves to be capable receivers at this level. You look up and down that list and it is stacked with unknowns at this point. It won't surprise me if someone other than KJ is the leading receiver at the end of the year but as to who that will be I have no clue because we really don't have any clue what we are going to get out of most of those guys when they take the field in a little over a week.

Only safe choice is KJ. That said I think it will likely be a real positive if it's one of the frosh. I say that because I don't see KJ being a big play guy and if one of the younger guys is leading us I'm assuming they'll be the recipient of a number of long balls

I went with Woli although I admit I have no clue. It could be Wolitarsky, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him passed on the depth chart by the end of the season. I think this is finally the year he stays healthy and becomes Mitch's most reliable target.

I saw that Kill said Still will play and not RS. I guess he has been too good to sit even with IG, MH, DG, and JJ coming in this year. I wish we could spread the class out a bit more.

Best part of this poll, is that there are three leaders, two in the middle and a couple getting a few votes. That's 5 getting solid love plus two who have enough intrigue to garner a few votes. 7 receivers we're talking about. It's been awhile since we could go more than 1 or 2 deep in a poll like this. Excited to see what these kids can do.

If it turns out to be anybody besides JJ, I'll drink 8 Surly Furious during our bowl victory.

I went Woli due to the fact that i believe his hands are better than most and other guys will attract attention leaving him more of a option as the year goes on

Gentry, assuming he gets healthy. I think he will be the most frequent recipient of the play action deep routes. Im assuming he might be our best deep threat, even if none of us has seen him in action... D. jones would have been our second leading receiver last year, maybe first if he had decent hands.

Could be Holland Jr., could be Rashad Still if he has jets.

The TE corps is a complete enigma to me. I'm not sure Lingen is in any way comparable to Maxx. Maybe someone will emerge.

Best part of this poll, is that there are three leaders, two in the middle and a couple getting a few votes. That's 5 getting solid love plus two who have enough intrigue to garner a few votes. 7 receivers we're talking about. It's been awhile since we could go more than 1 or 2 deep in a poll like this. Excited to see what these kids can do.

This was the definition of blind optimism

Top Bottom