TCU Football Forum - KillerFrogs.com

What's up with Ski-u-ma and cheese curds or whateveninhell that they are?

As someone that is coming from Texas to cheer on TCU...how dare you ask what cheese curds are...how dare you! They are delicious nibblets of cheese (really the hard part of soured milk made through cheese making) that are battered and fried and go incredibly well with beer...enough said.

While cheese curds are sold in almost every state, they are more exclusively eaten in the Midwest (see also Lutefisk and Lefse). The taste is similar to "American Cheese" but even less processed and aged. They come in strange shaped balls and are 100% addicting. Dip them in batter and deep fry them and you might have the perfect food: Fat, Salty, slightly Tangy, and a little Crunchy. Amazing. If you come up, you need to try them. Beer is the perfect chaser for deep fried cheese curds.

I had completely forgotten about Lefse from when I was a kid. Lefse with butter and then a mix of cinnamon and sugar spread over it....lord have mercy I have to move back up North soon.

I had completely forgotten about Lefse from when I was a kid. Lefse with butter and then a mix of cinnamon and sugar spread over it....lord have mercy I have to move back up North soon.

What most southerners don't know is that most fast food restaurants in Minnesota have Lefse as an option. Big Mac on Lefse. Your favorite Subway 6-inch... on Lefse. Pretty neat.

What most southerners don't know is that most fast food restaurants in Minnesota have Lefse as an option. Big Mac on Lefse. Your favorite Subway 6-inch... on Lefse. Pretty neat.

Nice going. Now Micky D cashiers with Wisconsin degrees all over the metro will be confused looking for the lefse button on their registers all that week. SMH.

Even better when you add Hagelslag

Don't forget the Taco Bell Lutefisk Crunch Wrap Supreme. It puts ordinary fish tacos to shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickled Northern Pike anyone? How about some Dandelion Wine?

What did Ole say the first time he saw a pizza? "Who threw up on the lefse?"

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Just don't make eye contact with the cashier. Knife wielding polar bears hate eye contact.Knife_Wielding_polar-bear-emoticon.gif

Hotdish looks like what we call tater tot casserole. Ground beef, cream-based soup (I use mushroom), chopped onions, grated cheese, tater tots? Freakin' awesome.

Hotdish looks like what we call tater tot casserole. Ground beef, cream-based soup (I use mushroom), chopped onions, grated cheese, tater tots? Freakin' awesome.
Above is tater tot hotdish, there are many kinds of hotdish.

Top Bottom