Who do you believe Chris Peterson or Art Briles

Chris Peterson. When a player transfers, there has to be a reason. Briles has dodge this, which prompted Peterson's story. It certainly fills the answer why he left.

Chris Peterson; Art Briles has always seemed a little slippery to me.

I don't know what incentive there was for Peterson to withhold information? If it is determined somehow that Peterson's account is accurate, Briles would have some serious explaining to do.

Only those two know what was said, but why in the world would Peterson recommend that turd to anyone but the prison "Mean Machine"

Why would Petersen give a positive recommendation about a kid he just dismissed from his team? Does that not sound fishy to anyone? Briles has always seemed like a slimeball to me.

These articles keep calling Baylor a Baptist or Christian school. That is highly offensive to Baptists and Christians everywhere.

Lest we forget:

A basketball scandal (murder/coverup) that almost led to a death penalty.

Baseball players who shot and mutilated a stray cat for fun.

A history of mascot deaths and abuse at the hands of their trainers.

Athletes extorting other athletes (and a strong rumor that RG3's future wife had a train run on her by the entire basketball team).

Basketball players punching opponents during the course of a game.

Baylor hangs their hat on accomplishments of a player whose lifestyle they do not condone.

The current news story isn't the only rape by a Baylor football player recently.

This has been going on forever - Baylor had slaves and murders since the 1800s.

Baylor screwed over many other Texas teams during the formation of the Big 12 Conference.

Baylor committed Medicare fraud.

Baylor basketball players beat women.

Baylor sues their own alumni association.

Their football players do things that seem like a scene from a stoner movie.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. They have a history of wrongdoing, yet preach their "Christian" values. If they were a secular school, I wouldn't have as much of a problem. However, they reek of hypocrisy to those of us downriver from their cesspool of a campus.

Isn't it on the incoming college to do due diligence? Doesn't really matter what Boise told them.

This part seems a bit telling, "Baylor initially investigated the sexual assault but determined there was not enough evidence to proceed and was going to allow Ukwuachu to play before the district attorney indicted him, according to the Waco Tribune. The school also was prepared to let Ukwuachu return to the team if he had been found not guilty, his attorney told the Tribune before the trial."

It does not surprise me that Baylor/Briles would take a chance on a guy like this. Something has been a little fishy there since around 08. That's when magically $cott Drew started winning in basketball, and Briles was hired and recruited RGIII. Since then both programs have been top 25 after being irrelevant for 25+ years.

It does not surprise me that Baylor/Briles would take a chance on a guy like this. Something has been a little fishy there since around 08. That's when magically $cott Drew started winning in basketball, and Briles was hired and recruited RGIII. Since then both programs have been top 25 after being irrelevant for 25+ years.

I can't speak to their success in basketball (probably cheating), but Briles is just a damn good football coach. He's basically another Jerry Kill who has lifted himself up from nothing and has been very successful at each stop.

I can't speak to their success in basketball (probably cheating), but Briles is just a damn good football coach. He's basically another Jerry Kill who has lifted himself up from nothing and has been very successful at each stop.

I don't disagree, but it doesn't mean he hasn't taken a chance on some questionable players. Shawn Oakman is another that was dismissed from Penn State and is now one of the best DE's in the country at Baylor.

It's just interesting to me how the switch was flipped and both programs catapulted back into relevancy at virtually the same time after a long period of dormancy.

Even Briles' own account of the conversation is damning, though. Basically paints an SEC-style picture, i.e., "I'll take anyone as long as they're a good enough player."

"...he did tell me of a rocky relationship with his girlfriend which contributed to his depression. The only disciplinary action I was aware of were team-related issues, insubordination of coaches and missing practice."

I don't even know the scenario in question...but I go with Peterson.

Petersen easily.

I have no doubt in my mind that if the NCAA wanted to find a truckload of violations all they'd have to do is dig into the Baylor football and basketball programs. The basketball team already got put on probation for "major recruiting infractions" a couple years ago, and the football team probably isn't far behind. The school has zero history and all of a sudden starts getting guys who wouldn't have even graced them with a visit before? I don't think so

Top Bottom