Early Accuweather forecasts good football weather for September 3 evening, BUT

Coming from a drier place like Ft Worth, I wonder how the TCU players will handle all that humidity. I imagine their trainers will be all over the team with fluids in various forms. They haven't played any where with the potential for this type of weather since September 2009 when they visited Virginia and Clemson.

We get plenty of humidity in Texas with very high temps. Lots of our players played high school football in south and east Texas where the humidity is higher than it is in Fort Worth/north Texas. The weather will be an absolute non-factor in this game.

The crowd and hostile environment will be a factor. Frogs didn't look so hot on the road last year (gave up 61 points at Baylor, eeked out a game-winning FG at West Virginia, and nearly lost at Kansas of all place. Other than in the State of Texas, the Frogs only struggled on the road. By comparison, though, the Frogs played better on the road in 2012 and 2013 than they did at home. So who knows what kind of year it will be.

We get plenty of humidity in Texas with very high temps. Lots of our players played high school football in south and east Texas where the humidity is higher than it is in Fort Worth/north Texas. The weather will be an absolute non-factor in this game.

The crowd and hostile environment will be a factor. Frogs didn't look so hot on the road last year (gave up 61 points at Baylor, eeked out a game-winning FG at West Virginia, and nearly lost at Kansas of all place. Other than in the State of Texas, the Frogs only struggled on the road. By comparison, though, the Frogs played better on the road in 2012 and 2013 than they did at home. So who knows what kind of year it will be.

It is an inside joke. Middle Tennessee fans said the Gophers would not be able to handle the humidity when the Gophers went to play there a few years ago. A lot of people don't think it gets hot nor humid in Minnesota.

Looking like dew points will be approaching the mid 70s at kickoff - that's tropical territory. Should be a steamy evening at TCF.

I am embarrassed to say I did not know this, but in my defense I have only been to DFW.

Looking like dew points will be approaching the mid 70s at kickoff - that's tropical territory. Should be a steamy evening at TCF.

82/72 right now, 82/70 at this time last night. That's pretty much the same temperature/dewpoint you can expect at kickoff on Thursday night.

Difficult forecast for tomorrow, currently there is a surface high pressure over lake superior as identified by the NWS out of Chanhassen. The models are having a hard time resolving this feature, will this lift out to the northeast or will it essentially stay in place until early afternoon tomorrow. I think it lifts out slower than some think. Going out on a limb here...high temps tomorrow will peak at around 85°, and a kickoff temp of around 78°.

At GopherWeatherGuy....going with a blend of the Euro, JMA, and UKMET, confidence in this forecast is low as it could easily bust high.

If it's anything like it was on Tuesday night, it's going to be muggy and gross. At least it's a late start.

Agreed, irregardless dews will be either side of 70°, gross indeed.

Top Bottom