Early Accuweather forecasts good football weather for September 3 evening, BUT

hungan1

Reaction score
Clear Skies
68 F-77 F
Visibility 10 Miles
Winds 4 MPH ESW

However, there is a chance for a strong thunderstorm during the day. I'd say give or take a couple of hours before or after game time.

So, we are still not out of the woods yet! This is Minnesota. Come prepared.

Either way come early and tailgate or park your carcasses at a local bar ahead of the game!

Countdown to first post in this thread complaining about people caring about the weather for outdoor football...

If that is what Accuweather is predicting, I'll be expecting a winter storm.

In the spirit of "It's August and we've hashed and rehashed everything else", what would the most favorable weather be for our gents?

Weather Channel has High 81, Low 63, Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of precipitation.

This most accurate weather model won't pick up on this day until early Tuesday. Based on some of the long range ensembles I've seen, it looks like the first half of the week will be stormy but the second half of the week into the weekend looks dry and about average. Average high: 77 low: 58.

Seriously, 11 days out and folks are talking about weather predictions? I swear most meteorologists don't even have windows in their offices and talk about a 10% chance of rain on the day and it's pouring outside at the time they say it. Way early for game day weather predictions to be made. However not too early for this - Gophers 31 Horny Frogs 28 regardless of the weather.

Seriously, 11 days out and folks are talking about weather predictions? I swear most meteorologists don't even have windows in their offices and talk about a 10% chance of rain on the day and it's pouring outside at the time they say it. Way early for game day weather predictions to be made. However not too early for this - Gophers 31 Horny Frogs 28 regardless of the weather.

You kinda run out of things to talk about at this point.

Put your game prediction in the Predict the Score thread. It doesn't count here. :)

They couldn't predict yesterday's 'tornado event' accurately, i'm not putting much stock into a Sept 3 forecast..

They couldn't predict yesterday's 'tornado event' accurately, i'm not putting much stock into a Sept 3 forecast..

Yesterday's overblown tornado forecast was a head scratcher. Strong cold fronts like that are rarely prolific tornado producers. However, it is much more difficult to predict tornadoes than it is temperature and a chance of precipitation in advance.

It won't be long before we'll have to worry about Calcutta Clippers.

Yesterday's overblown tornado forecast was a head scratcher. Strong cold fronts like that are rarely prolific tornado producers. However, it is much more difficult to predict tornadoes than it is temperature and a chance of precipitation in advance.

Haven't seen a report but there were multiple large trees down near my Grandma's house north of Alexandria. One of her is now leaning one way and will have to be cut down. Two of her neighbors had their boats and lifts blown way down the shoreline. My guess is straight line winds but haven't heard for sure.

I won't trust a forecast until it is approved by dance4raiders

As great as the weather has been over the past week, it looks like summer is coming back next week. It's still a little early but the models have been consistent for next Thursday, showing highs in the mid-upper 80s and tropical dewpoints into the low 70s, with storm chances remaining low.

Haven't seen a report but there were multiple large trees down near my Grandma's house north of Alexandria. One of her is now leaning one way and will have to be cut down. Two of her neighbors had their boats and lifts blown way down the shoreline. My guess is straight line winds but haven't heard for sure.

No disrepect to you at all. Does it matter what we call a damaging wind? Doesn't it still cause damage? If it was unpredicted, does it still cause damage? Does the inanimate object understand what happened to it? I never have understood "weather culture". Wear a hat and coat. Take it off if you are too warm. Put it back on if you are cold.

Any weather prediction more than a day or two out will be wrong. That is guaranteed.

Coming from a drier place like Ft Worth, I wonder how the TCU players will handle all that humidity. I imagine their trainers will be all over the team with fluids in various forms. They haven't played any where with the potential for this type of weather since September 2009 when they visited Virginia and Clemson.

Coming from a drier place like Ft Worth, I wonder how the TCU players will handle all that humidity. I imagine their trainers will be all over the team with fluids in various forms. They haven't played any where with the potential for this type of weather since September 2009 when they visited Virginia and Clemson.

Here you go DarrenTheGreek. dance4raiders is now posting as gophmeister! :party:

If the trainers don't trust our water sources, perhaps they'll bring a jug. Hmmmmm?:confused:

90 and Humid in the seven day tonight on WCCO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah...had plans to go camping early in the summer. Weather predictions had it as cloudy, no chance of rain. As we headed near Rochester, it just didn't feel right. Check the predictions again...cloudy, maybe a little chance of rain. Keep going and feeling worse. Cloudy, 20% chance of rain. Less than a half hour from the camp, predictions looking better, no chance of rain. Great! Arrive at the campsite within 10 minutes of the other 3 families arriving. Help everyone get things out, but now my wife is getting concerned because there are some drops coming down, but I reassure her that all is fine. Well, it starts coming down hard, and everyone starts moving faster. I'm more concerned with getting canopies over the tables where the food is already laid out. And then we start helping other families get their tents set up. Now it's dark, and my wife is very anxious that our tents are not set up, but I tell her to relax, get in the car...everything is fine. Already booked a room at a Hilton in Rochester, and we drove over there, boys had swim trunks packed so they went to the pool and I followed them there with a book and a couple of beers. We slept very well, had breakfast, headed over to the campsite, set up, and had a great weekend.

I don't trust forecasts until I stick my head out the door and either my hair is wet, or it's dry.

Stop obsessing. Weather will be weather.

Very little change in the forecast compared to last week. A slight chance (20%) of an early morning thunderstorm, but the afternoon/evening will be warm and dry. Temperatures are trending slightly cooler with a high of 86. Kickoff temperature around 81. It will be steamy with a dew point in the upper 60s.

Very little change in the forecast compared to last week. A slight chance (20%) of an early morning thunderstorm, but the afternoon/evening will be warm and dry. Temperatures are trending slightly cooler with a high of 86. Kickoff temperature around 81. It will be steamy with a dew point in the upper 60s.

WOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! TAILGATE level is now DEFCON 5!

Snowing Dilly bars
It's fooosball time...see ya at the party, Gophers!

TCU players will be in the sun until sundown, much hotter on the visitor side. Huge advantage for us....

TCU players will be in the sun until sundown, much hotter on the visitor side. Huge advantage for us....

Sunset is at 7:47pm on Thursday (with twilight ending around 8:17pm) - so while it might affect players standing on that sideline during warm ups, the sun will be down by kickoff.

Top Bottom