Predict the Score vs TCU 09/03/15 - Chance to Win a FREE Gopher T-Shirt

The Good: 24
TCU: 20

TCU, since it unveiled it's high powered offense last year has not played a shut down Big Ten defense yet including Minnesota's last year, but they only managed 30 points last year. Minnesota really didn't know what to expect last year yet the D played them well in spite of the offense giving TCU a short field many times. The Gophers played a inspired game against THE Ohio State University and the D acquitted themselves very well against their speed and will be ready come Thursday night.

The Gophers lock down corners and safeties will play havoc with TCU's passing game and points will be difficult to come by unless we give them a short field. I'm more worried about TCU's QB running the ball than throwing it.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the propensity of the Gophers D to give up huge gains on simple running plays at crucial times as we saw last year. We have to fix that, and I believe this staff will.

To win this game I think TCU will have to score a defensive or special teams touchdown, which is unlikely given the history of Coach Kills special teams. So after saying all of this, if Minnesota can avoid a pic 6, the final score....... U of M 27 TCU 24.

Edit: MVP of the game Peter Mortell, he keeps TCU pinned down.

I'm going with my best case scenario as I'm a bit superstitious about betting against the team.

Their lightweight interior can't hold up vs our new line. Mitch goes wild and the play action hits all night on Rashad, holland, Lingen/Woznian. The defense forces 5 turnovers, Boykin goes out in the third quarter with cramps, returns but is immobile. Ekpe and Thieren combine for 6 sacks.

Gophers 45 TCU 31

Beautiful day here in Minneapolis. At Target Field now--great stadium. Enjoying your fine city and ready to get on over to check out the tailgating. I intentionally waited until today to post my prediction:

Frogs 41, Gophers 20.

Good luck tonight. After tonight, I'll be pulling for you to win the next 12!

I just realized that I posted without doing it in proper format I hope the commisioner isn't to tough on me.
I should have posted nsmike: prediction
I'd correct it but a least one other person has predicted the same score.

Top Bottom