Predict the Score vs TCU 09/03/15 - Chance to Win a FREE Gopher T-Shirt

Haven't seen any score predictions lately so ....

Based on reading about TCU inexperience on defense but allowing for their explosive offense here goes:

38 t0 38 with one team winning with a field goal in the final minutes (seconds)

Heart says Gophers pull off upset 31-28.

Head says TCU wins 33-24.

I hope the heart is right.

21-17 gophers is my prediction.

But I also think I am very wrong

Gophers 26 Frogs 24

UptownMaroon&Gold TCU 24 Minnesota 22

Gophers will have a chance late, and a fourth down Leidner to KJ Maye touchdown will be ruled an incompletion on the field. Everyone will say that common sense would clearly determine that it should be ruled a TD, but refs will not overturn it. (Think Dez Bryant in the playoffs)

Minnesota becomes the national discussion in college football of how we got screwed, we find renewed motivation and play with a chip on our shoulder through Nebraska and Michigan. At 7-1 and the darlings of the country, we go into the horseshoe and defeat #1 Ohio State, shocking the world. We take care of Iowa and Illinois, setting up a monumental matchup against a one loss Wisconsin with ESPN Gameday in tow, where we finally break through and take the badgers out to the woodshed 49-14.

With our eyes set on a possible CFP berth, the buckeyes get revenge on us in the big ten championship on a late FG, but we have won over the hearts of many as the lovable underdog.

The national media loves when we receive our first Rose Bowl bid in decades, and we don't disappoint...winning an exciting game in Pasadena over Southern Cal.

Okay, Okay, I know I like to dream, but it's August, optimism is real, and hope springs eternal.

Gophers: 31 (2 point conversion on the final drive for the win)
TCU: 30

With 8 pages I'm assuming this score has been picked but I'm too lazy to read through 8 pages and find a unique score so.

Here's my thinking...

It's likely that most of us assume the Gophers are somewhere between #20 and #40 nationally and the TCU is somewhere between #2 and #15 nationally.
So the best case scenario would be the #15 Horned Frogs versus the #20 Gophers with home field advantage. In this scenario, I would see a narrow and hard fought Gophers victory.
The worst case scenario would be the #2 Horned Frogs versus the #40 Gophers - not that dissimilar to last year. I would say this would be something like TCU 42 Gophers 17.
I think its somewhere in the middle; TCU is a #5 -#12 team and the Gophers are a #25 - #30 team with the home field advantage and a chip on their shoulder.

Result:

TCU: 31
Gophers: 27

Don't get me wrong... I'd LOVE to see the Gophers pull the huge upset.

Icepirate13:
TCU 35
Golden Gophers 38 (win in 2nd OT)

Minnesota 30
TCU 28

After I posted my score, I looked at like the last three pages...two things...a lot people are picking close scores and a Gopher victory and a lot of people are in the low 30's and high 20's for their guess or just above or just below those numbers. Actually that's probably six things but you get the idea. Let's do this!

We will give out a FREE Gopher t-shirt to the first person that predicts the exact score.

Can't pick against them in the season opener!

Gophers 36
TCU 34

Top Bottom