All Things Gophers in the NFL

So who are the Gophers on 53 man rosters? Thanks

In other news, Montee Ball was released by the Broncos.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who are the Gophers on 53 man rosters? Thanks
Eric Decker - Jets
Matt Spaeth - Steelers
Marcus Sherels - Vikings
Brock Vereen - Bears
Ra'Shede Hageman - Falcons
David Cobb - Titans
Maxx Williams - Ravens
Damien Wilson - Cowboys

Did I miss anyone?

Eric Decker - Jets
Matt Spaeth - Steelers
Marcus Sherels - Vikings
Brock Vereen - Bears
David Cobb - Titans
Maxx Williams - Ravens
Damien Wilson - Cowboys

Did I miss anyone?

Marqueis Gray on the Bills.

Fruechte made the vikes practice squad as well

Does anyone think Ra'Shede will have a big year? More mature and knows the system better?

Does anyone think Ra'Shede will have a big year? More mature and knows the system better?

Absolutely

Lost some weight and Dan Quinn has been giving him a lot of praise. They will move to a 4-3 under Quinn while Smith ran a 3-4 last year.

Odd for a calf injury unless blood clot or partial Achilles tear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloggin' Scoggins: Sherels continues to win his spot with Vikings

Marcus Sherels laughed when I asked him if he knows how many times he’s been cut in the court of public opinion in his career.

“I have no idea,” he said. “You’d probably know better than me.”

Let’s see, he’s been in the NFL six seasons so … six times.

It’s become an annual part of Vikings training camp. Same thing every summer: This is the year Marcus Sherels gets cut by the Vikings.

And every training camp ends with Sherels’ name listed on the final 53-man roster.

It happened last year. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.

The former Gopher just keeps sticking around. According to my colleague Mark Craig, Sherels is one of only five Vikings players who was on the team before 2011. That does not include quarterback Shaun Hill, who is in his second stint with the team.

Sherels’ longevity remains a great NFL success story considering his career started with only a rookie weekend tryout.

“It’s kind of weird to think about, there’s only five or six of us here from my first year, so it’s pretty crazy,” he said.

http://www.startribune.com/sherels-continues-to-win-his-spot/325748431/

Go Gophers!!

Eric Decker - Jets
Matt Spaeth - Steelers
Marcus Sherels - Vikings
Brock Vereen - Bears
David Cobb - Titans
Maxx Williams - Ravens
Damien Wilson - Cowboys

Did I miss anyone?

Do we count Tramaine Brock?

I would. He did not leave in a bad way.

per Sid:

• The Gophers had four NFL draft choices this year. Tight end Maxx Williams (second round) will not start for the Ravens right away but will work behind first-string tight end Crockett Gillmore to develop. … Damien Wilson (fourth) made the 53-man cut with the Cowboys but is not expected to start right away at linebacker. … Running back David Cobb (fifth) got some bad news when he was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return, meaning he will miss at least eight games for the Titans. … Defensive back Cedric Thompson (fifth) was cut from the roster by the Dolphins but has been signed to their practice squad. … Offensive lineman Cameron Botticelli, an undrafted free agent, was released by the Chargers.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-got-going-after-bad-first-half/327153651/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

didn't Brock up and leave the gophers for another team? Didn't he only play one season for the gophers? Does anyone care about him?

yes, yes and no. so lets stop the pointless updates on him.

didn't Brock up and leave the gophers for another team? Didn't he only play one season for the gophers? Does anyone care about him?

It was grades. After his freshman year he went to a community college in Mississippi and than popped up with the 49ers. I thought he was a big loss to the secondary at the time.

It was grades. After his freshman year he went to a community college in Mississippi and than popped up with the 49ers. I thought he was a big loss to the secondary at the time.

Freshman year? I thought we brought him in as a JUCO player? I could be misremembering though.

Obviously people do care because they are posting about him.

Obviously people do care because they are posting about him.

Agreed. I don't follow Brock as much as guys like Sherels, Maxx, Gray, etc., but its not like we have dozens of players in the NFL. A single tweet or a couple of posts about the guy is completely appropriate.

Top Bottom