UPDATED: Ex-Winona State coach Mike Leaf accused of touching player in bed

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Winona State is investigating a complaint filed against Mike Leaf, who guided the university’s men’s basketball team to two NCAA Division II championships as head coach before resigning June 26, according to multiple media reports.

The school issued a brief statement this week, saying: “A complaint is pending against Mike Leaf. The complaint is being investigated by Winona State University. In compliance with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, no other information is available.”

Leaf resigned unexpectedly at age 54 after serving as coach for 17 seasons. It is not known whether the complaint is related to Leaf’s resignation, which came after the second of two Winona State basketball camp sessions.

http://www.startribune.com/ex-winon...tigation-by-school-after-complaint/322468971/

Go Gophers!!

Uh oh. I think I endorsed hiring Leaf in a drunken tirade (post Tubby and pre-Pitino). Luckily the U didn't listen to me or pay me $100 000 for my opinion.

Yea, this might derail a career:

Winona State University men’s basketball coach Mike Leaf resigned days after he made drunken sexual advances toward a current player on June 20, according to the player.

The player spent an afternoon and evening with Leaf during which the former coach drank alcohol on several occasions, and served the player, who is older than 18, alcoholic drinks at Leaf’s house, the player said. Later in the evening he allowed the player to leave his house after trying to stop him, only to follow him to his apartment, lead him back to his house, and touch the player multiple times while the player was lying in Leaf’s bed, according to the player. All of the advances were unwanted, the player said.

Go Gophers!!

It says nothing about his marital status but I will assume he is single. At the risk of making a horrible stereotype, avoid men in sports who never marry (divorce is ok), there is often something a little off. If your kid's little league coach is 40 and has no kids, don't let him drive your kid to the game. Just saying.

It says nothing about his marital status but I will assume he is single. At the risk of making a horrible stereotype, avoid men in sports who never marry (divorce is ok), there is often something a little off. If your kid's little league coach is 40 and has no kids, don't let him drive your kid to the game. Just saying.
That is just plain stupid .

Moronic

Total d-bag. Agree this is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on GH.

Many hard core weirdos get married as a cover. Jared Fogle or Jerry Sandusky for example.

Top Bottom