As of today, 4,700 tickets remain for TCU game

Now you are stretching to make your point. If you told her the Packer's are "heavily favored", "big underdogs" or "10 point favorites" she would understand all three of those. If you told her "the Packers have a minus 10 point spread today" she would not know what that means or even how it is used.

Reading comprehension is a good skill to have. Here is what I said "I believe we are still a 2 touchdown underdog at home." So, she would understand "10 point favorites", but not "2 touchdown underdog"? Somehow, you stretched that into a discussion of Vegas betting lines, not me, to prove a point that is untenable.

Cheers.

Reading comprehension is a good skill to have. Here is what I said "I believe we are still a 2 touchdown underdog at home." So, she would understand "10 point favorites", but not "2 touchdown underdog"? Somehow, you stretched that into a discussion of Vegas betting lines, not me, to prove a point that is untenable.

Cheers.

I consider myself more than capable of comprehending written communication. My point, which I will give up on after this post, was a casual fan wouldn't know how many points a team is favored by ("two TD dog at home") because that is strictly for betting. A casual fan probably wouldn't go out of their way enough to where they would find a point spread (which is where you got the "two touchdown underdog at home" from).

"Gophs play the 2nd best team in the country, lets go watch that".-Casual sports fan

"Gophs are 14 point dogs at home, I don't think we have a chance".-Probably not a casual fan

Point spreads are no more arcane than team rankings.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I consider myself more than capable of comprehending written communication. My point, which I will give up on after this post, was a casual fan wouldn't know how many points a team is favored by ("two TD dog at home") because that is strictly for betting. A casual fan probably wouldn't go out of their way enough to where they would find a point spread (which is where you got the "two touchdown underdog at home" from).

"Gophs play the 2nd best team in the country, lets go watch that".-Casual sports fan

"Gophs are 14 point dogs at home, I don't think we have a chance".-Probably not a casual fan

I was talking about casual Gophers football fans not casual sports fans in general. Diehard Vikings and Twins fans that have a passing interest in the Gophers, or fans primarily of Gopher basketball or hockey that are casual fans of football (like I used to be, until about 10 years ago).

I will be buying my 4 tickets soon. May drag a few of my favorite fans along. I think a party of about 20 will be buying soon.

I gave up my seeing eye cane for Lent.

It seems like there are a lot more tickets on Stub Hub than last week. Can you purchase those Living Social tickets and then resell them?

It seems like there are a lot more tickets on Stub Hub than last week. Can you purchase those Living Social tickets and then resell them?

StubHub takes about a 30% cut so unlikely anyone is buying at a 20% discount and trying to resell higher than face value to break even.

As someone who has tickets for the game, if I'm being completely honest it really bothers me that there are still tickets available. If we can't sell out against a top 5 team at home (see ohio state last year) who warrants a sell out? If back to back 8 win seasons isn't enough to get the alumni excited about the Gopher football, what will it take?

Is it likely we beat TCU? No. But even the slim chance we do should merit buying a ticket for the chance to say you were there when it happened

As someone who has tickets for the game, if I'm being completely honest it really bothers me that there are still tickets available. If we can't sell out against a top 5 team at home (see ohio state last year) who warrants a sell out? If back to back 8 win seasons isn't enough to get the alumni excited about the Gopher football, what will it take?

Is it likely we beat TCU? No. But even the slim chance we do should merit buying a ticket for the chance to say you were there when it happened

Seems commonplace for a group of people who go on Gopher chatrooms but unfortunately the majority of people just assume the Gophers won't be that good and the marketing for this game has been TERRIBLE.

Seems commonplace for a group of people who go on Gopher chatrooms but unfortunately the majority of people just assume the Gophers won't be that good and the marketing for this game has been TERRIBLE.

You're dead on here. The fact you don't see local hype ads 24/7 on TV is crazy to me

You're dead on here. The fact you don't see local hype ads 24/7 on TV is crazy to me

Haven't seen a thing here in Alexandria. Same old, same old.

Qualities for next AD you ask? Someone that can market the program!!!!!!!!

I will be buying my 4 tickets soon. May drag a few of my favorite fans along. I think a party of about 20 will be buying soon.

I gave up my seeing eye cane for Lent.

Sweet. Then there will only be 4680 tickets left.

This has been bugging me so much. It is unacceptable.

I am not sure about this which is why I throw it out there, but could this have anything to do with this being on ESPN and them controlling the rights to the game? I am pretty sure they will put out a huge media push the week before the game.
Agree though that there has been very little done to increase our season ticket holders. In the past there have been attempts, although pretty bad ones, to advertise games and season tickets. I guess crappy marketing is better than no marketing.

The fact that Thursday is the start to a long Labor day weekend doesn't help. Everyone I know, including myself, will be out of town.

There's one billboard I've seen in MSP and that's the only visual advertising I've seen. Why there's not more is beyond me

As someone posted in another thread there are only 909 tickets left for the game on Gophersports.com. Possibly not worth the advertising dollars to get those last 900 tickets sold in the next 2 weeks.

As someone posted in another thread there are only 909 tickets left for the game on Gophersports.com. Possibly not worth the advertising dollars to get those last 900 tickets sold in the next 2 weeks.

I think the issue of advertising and selling tickets is less about TCU and more about season tickets. This is the time for one last push because no one typically buys season tickets after the season starts.

I just hope all the ones on Stub Hub sell too.

There's one billboard I've seen in MSP and that's the only visual advertising I've seen. Why there's not more is beyond me

There's an ad in couple of the Green Line cars as well. But I agree, I have no idea why the U isn't advertising more.

I might enter the foray w/ a small group but we'll be secondary marketers buying on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased 20 on LivingSocial for net cost of $25/ticket after discount. Have given them all away to friends, family, coworkers. So I've done my part.

Top Bottom