PiPress: Some Gophers boosters blame UMN president for athletics director 'mess'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

During University of Minnesota president Eric Kaler's news conference last week announcing the resignation of athletics director Norwood Teague amid sexual harassment complaints, several Gophers boosters were unhappy that he did not accept responsibility for hiring him three years ago.

When it comes to finding the next AD, the question among some prominent Gophers supporters is whether Kaler can get it right this time.

Pat Fallon, chairman of Fallon Worldwide, an advertising agency based in Minneapolis, exchanged emails with his booster friends recently pointing out issues he had with nobody taking blame for bringing Teague to the university.

"I'm a CEO of a company and you have to step up and accept responsibility when you're in the chair," Fallon said. "(Kaler is) in the chair. And this is a mess. The committee, whoever he assigned and however it was done, they failed miserably. At the end of the day, he has to take responsibility for the way he mishandled the whole mess."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...osters-blame-umn-president-athletics-director

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like some people are just PO'd because they didn't get their way.

Sounds like some people are just PO'd because they didn't get their way.

Agree. If Kaler hired Teague knowing that he would be harassing people, then I guess he should take responsibility. If a Walmart employee goes on a killing spree, does his manager have to step up and take responsibility for it? No...

Kale doesn't have many friends or allies at the U, which comes from his own disinterest in developing them. So, I'd say this is a legitimate concern as his remoteness is his 'style' and would contribute to a kind of lack of awareness of relationship/interaction issues. I also wonder if he has the vision to get this right.

Kale doesn't have many friends or allies at the U, which comes from his own disinterest in developing them. So, I'd say this is a legitimate concern as his remoteness is his 'style' and would contribute to a kind of lack of awareness of relationship/interaction issues. I also wonder if he has the vision to get this right.

Interesting.

I have said this many times, the president's job is to raise money for school. This university needs a new president as it needed a new AD. I mentioned Purdue's president when I was there. His goal was to raise 1 Billion but he actually raised a lot more. There should not be a reason that for this university to have such a terrible basketball facilities when so many top companies have their HQ in the cities.

I have said this many times, the president's job is to raise money for school. This university needs a new president as it needed a new AD. I mentioned Purdue's president when I was there. His goal was to raise 1 Billion but he actually raised a lot more. There should not be a reason that for this university to have such a terrible basketball facilities when so many top companies have their HQ in the cities.

How much has Kaler raised outside of just athletics? I honestly don't know.

I'm fine if Kaler doesn't make friends within the U. Why should he necessarily have to be friends with his co workers? He's the boss. However, he does need to perform in other areas then. It's about results and I honestly haven't followed his presidency of the school as a whole to know how he's done.

The problem is who are the executive leadership at those top companies. They have the final say on large donations and I think you will find that very few of those people are alums of Minnesota.

According to Sidney, the problem is the men's track team.

So true!!So true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is who are the executive leadership at those top companies. They have the final say on large donations and I think you will find that very few of those people are alums of Minnesota.

Agreed that this is a major issue in general! That being said, the Gopher community really needs to start pointing the floodlights on the lack of certain "Minnesota Companies" which do little to support the U!

Agreed that this is a major issue in general! That being said, the Gopher community really needs to start pointing the floodlights on the lack of certain "Minnesota Companies" which do little to support the U!

As you know, I follow TT program now too. Their athletic program just got 1 million dollars donation from a local bank.

As you know, I follow TT program now too. Their athletic program just got 1 million dollars donation from a local bank.

images

Top Bottom