Drew Hmielewski Commits!

Jaykay

Reaction score
Congrats to Drew, good to have you on board!

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1906496/highlights/239354378/v2[/video]

Welcome aboard!

love it when we get outstate players. Heres to another eric decker!

congrats drew!

Scholarship I assume?

Congratulations Drew!

Kudos to Coach Kill for casting a wide net instate.

Has good bloodlines. His dad played baseball at KSU and made it up to AA in the Expos farm system. His mom Mary Jo (Miller) won a MN state basketball title in 1988 and played college hoops at KSU.

Any effect on jd?

I have to think this means that he's going to Nebraska, and has told the coaching staff. But, that's just my take. Hopefully its an awful one.

Regardless, Hmielewski is a player. It's just a case of a lack of exposure and competition, being out in SW Minnesota. He'd be one of the top players in any conference in the state, and could easily be graded out higher.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Has good bloodlines. His dad played baseball at KSU and made it up to AA in the Expos farm system. His mom Mary Jo (Miller) won a MN state basketball title in 1988 and played college hoops at KSU.

His mom was, to this day IMO, the best athlete, male or female to come out of southwest Minnesota. I can still see her darting around the court as a 7th grader on the varsity team as a Milroy Spartan and almost leading her team to the state, as a 7th grader.

I have to think this means that he's going to Nebraska, and has told the coaching staff. But, that's just my take. Hopefully its an awful one.

Regardless, Hmielewski is a player. It's just a case of a lack of exposure and competition, being out in SW Minnesota. He'd be one of the top players in any conference in the state, and could easily be graded out higher.

doubt that's what it means. Well it likely means he's going to Nebraska but more so because Hmielewski committed and not Hmielewski committing because JD is going to Nebraska. Sounded like Hmi had a FB only offer from MN since camp but wanted to play baseball too so I'm guessing that the baseball staff has just recently decided to let him play as well. It sounded like (well what the crootin experts have said) the staff was taking 1 more WR and it was between JD and Hmi. I do wonder if they take JD if he wants to come here because we can always use speed but 2 smaller fast WRs committed I doubt they take 3 similar guys in 1 class. Of course that's exactly what they did last year with 3 bigger WRs

His mom was, to this day IMO, the best athlete, male or female to come out of southwest Minnesota. I can still see her darting around the court as a 7th grader on the varsity team as a Milroy Spartan and almost leading her team to the state, as a 7th grader.

Hmmmm even better than Heather Van Norman, mother of Odell Beckham Jr???

Either way, love in state recruits with good bloodlines!

Hmmmm even better than Heather Van Norman, mother of Odell Beckham Jr???

Either way, love in state recruits with good bloodlines!

Fantastic! Another out-state recruit. Often very underrated, as nobody really considers them. Then they go to, e.g., NDSU and dominate. Plenty of unrealized talent out there, but it takes more effort to look.

Does the kid have a nickname? How do you pronounce that last name? Hopefully something like himski.

I think somebody may realize that there may be a lot of more competition for playing time at Minnesota and decided to go to some where there would be less. Things are changing here.

9 in state commitments and its only 8/11?! geez, we're doing work!!! welcome!

Go Gophers!!

Did he camp with them this summer? Welcome aboard!!

Top Bottom