All Things Gophers in Spain Trip - Tweets, Articles and More!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

A perfect time for Pitino and the squad to get away from the Bierman Building.

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: U looks to bond, build on trip to Spain

Richard Pitino's Gophers men's basketball team left Monday for its first foreign trip since 2010.

It will be two days before the first of four exhibition games Thursday against club teams from Barcelona and Madrid. CAT Selection, Barcelona All-Stars, Torrejon All-Stars and Canoe NC make up the schedule.

Pitino doesn't know how competitive these opponents will be, but he hopes they will challenge his young team, which includes seven true freshmen and sophomores.

"All those guys really need to play," Pitino said last week. "It's exciting because we have to do a lot of teaching. They got to do a lot of learning. But they all bring something different to the table."

Freshmen Kevin Dorsey, Dupree McBrayer, Jordan Murphy and Ahmad Gilbert will make their maroon and gold debuts.

Sophomores Nate Mason, Bakary Konate and Gaston Diedhiou gained valuable experience last season, but their growth on the tour could be critical to Minnesota's success this season.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_28617898/gophers-basketball-u-looks-bond-build-trip-spain

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I know we don't play them but Madrid all stars beat Illinois st yesterday. So I think these teams aren't complete push overs. Hopefully we can build some good chemistry.

I know we don't play them but Madrid all stars beat Illinois st yesterday. So I think these teams aren't complete push overs. Hopefully we can build some good chemistry.

AND they're fluent in Spanish!

Gophers first exhibition is at 9am Central time for those who are wondering. Wish their was a live stream or something, but we will have to settle for twitter updates.

Gophers first exhibition is at 9am Central time for those who are wondering. Wish their was a live stream or something, but we will have to settle for twitter updates.

Pretty sad in 2015 we can't get a live stream of the games... If I recall right even the 2010 Canada trip had a live stream.

More from GopherMBB

Dorsey with a buzzer-beater 3 to send the #Gophers to the locker room leading 48-39. He has 11 pts.

Huge dunk by Murphy after the miss makes it 15-10 #Gophers, 3:27 Q1

Getting the start for the Gophers in game 1 are Mason, Morris, Buggs, King and Konate. #GophersInSpain

Top Bottom