2015 Gophers Football Fall Camp Thread - Tweets, Analysis and More

Demry Croft looked like a true freshmen today except when he dropped in two perfectly thrown bombs (at least one of them to Rashad Still. He really has a soft touch.

Cut to the chase.... When is Croft going to be starting??

Mitch went 6-8 for on the 4 scrimmage drives but overall he looks the same as last year and will hold this team back again.

It is unfortunate that Kill has built solid position units within the team but hasn't been able to find a quality QB.

Mitch playing QB isn't fair to the rest of the team.

I hope this is sarcasm because without Mitch this team has little chance to compete to repeat the record of last year.

I saw CS5 look like a great option at TE today. DC11 was young and really could be something special in a year or two

I hope this is sarcasm because without Mitch this team has little chance to compete to repeat the record of last year.

I saw CS5 look like a great option at TE today. DC11 was young and really could be something special in a year or two

I'm not a Mitch hater but this argument doesn't prove he is good, just that our other QB options were worse

Mitch went 6-8 for on the 4 scrimmage drives but overall he looks the same as last year and will hold this team back again.

It is unfortunate that Kill has built solid position units within the team but hasn't been able to find a quality QB.

Can we at least wait until the season starts before slamming that panic button?

I'm not a Mitch hater but this argument doesn't prove he is good, just that our other QB options were worse

And isn't who the best option on our roster is really the only thing that matters?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is another hidden gem. He is a jitterbug with good vision. Here are his HS highlight reels. I am very impressed at our recruiting staff.

He will be a deadly weapon catching the ball or on option plays. I think he is ready, but a year of strength and conditioning will make him even faster and stronger for the rigors of B1G play.

We've got three really good RB options in Rodney Smith, Jeff Jones, and Shannon Brooks!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/805470/highlights/25014384/v2

Are they planning on redshirting Brooks? I assumed they were, but with the way fall practice is going, I'm starting to wonder.

** Disregard, apparently Kill said Brooks would be playing this year on The Sports Huddle.

He was good enough last year to be one game away from winning the West and he played injured most of the year and was only a Redshirt Sophomore. He got plenty of experience and is better now than a year ago. for the guys who cannot see how this is a better position than starting an inexperienced younger QB then I can't help. there is not a better option on the team

Croft will be a starter some day. if injuries happen i would have Croft as the #2/3 guy if Mitch goes out early with an injury then i could see a shared QB spot with Croft getting playing time until he gets more comfortable if Mitch goes down later in the year give Perra a shot to finish the year. I saw nothing that would make me shy away from Jaques as the QB, Streveler is a decent back up but i think he would best contribute with a position change

I am more worried about the OL

Can someone please tell me these guys will gel by the time TCU gets here?

WE cannot wait until the bigten season to have these guys start playing up to their potential

WE cannot wait until the bigten season to have these guys start playing up to their potential

I agree that pass blocking is a concern, but is there reason to believe they have taken a step back or won't gel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have about 26 games of Mitch before you get your wish. Croft will then take over. Hope someone else steps up and competes between Perra and the kid from Michigan.

The Lauer injury is key IMO. He offers size and length at the tackle spot, and if healthy allows the interior to be Christenson-Bobek-Campion which is 3 strong upperclassmen.

I agree that pass blocking is a concern, but is there reason to believe they have taken a step back or won't gel?

no reason other than visual at the scrimmage. but we will see how they do against TCU and CSU before making up our minds

Our DL is going to take a big step up. A lot of young guys got experience last year and had another year in the weight room and the system. That will effect how the OL looks in practice. By everything else I have seen everyone says the OL is improved. Jerry says we are 7 deep and have expectations for more to step up, but you never know with injuries.

I think our OL is the best since the peak Mason years, maybe better because I believe these guys have the size and strength to go 4 full quarters instead on 3 and a half against top competition. We ran out of gas and lost some big games.

Go Gophers!!

Apparently there was a scrimmage tonight.

Go Gophers!!

I suspect that GopherLady will post a transcript from today's presser at some point, but I really liked the sounds of this tweet.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom