Shooter: Norwood Teague may be resigning today

Really? This type of thing would get you fired in most of corporate America as well.

I don't know if I would say that. It depends on the company, and it depends on specifics. In this case, Norwood is a leadership figure and the face of the athletic department. That's the angle I consider the most compelling in the case for his dismissal.

I don't know if I would say that. It depends on the company, and it depends on specifics. In this case, Norwood is a leadership figure and the face of the athletic department. That's the angle I consider the most compelling in the case for his dismissal.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

It's almost as if he wrote this while smiling:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teague Texts (cont): “don’t leave!!! Ur too cute, sorry. No skinny dip? Never maybe?”

Then they got filthy...</p>— Aj Mansour (@AjKFAN) <a href="https://twitter.com/AjKFAN/status/629710963378274304">August 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

I wish gopher hole would make a system wide thread so there wasn't a football and a basketball thread on this subject. Link the two together.

Gopher athletics...forever one step forward and two steps back.

Go Gophers!!

I knew when he gave Tubby a raise in Oct. then canned him after final 32 appearance the Norwood was lame in the brain

Gopher athletics...forever one step forward and two steps back.

Perhaps they will put this quote above the BB practice facility court when it's built in 2057 using the plans they drew up in 2009.

hZsLRDB.png

Hutton responds to The Hump:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

This sucks. I thought Norwood was doing a nice job to date all things considered and bringing in a new A.D. at this time brings up a whole host of questions. I guess the only sliver of a silver lining here is that Norwood resigned and admitted to the wrongdoing and that there won't be any severance package (although sometimes we find out about people in these situations ending up with money well after the fact). Norwood certainly isn't the first person to do some really stupid things while drunk and he won't be the last. Hopefully we don't find out that this was a pattern of behavior throughout his time as A.D.

I worry about the ramifications of this news far more for basketball than football. For the short term, Jerry Kill has built up enough good will that he's going to be the football coach regardless of his record. I certainly don't think Kill has done enough to have a major say in who the next A.D. is, but that's probably a topic for another day. With Kill entrenched for the short term, and if we get the type of A.D. I hope we get, Pitino's situation becomes very dicey. I don't think many people who are truly qualified to be an AD at a school that wants to compete at a major level are going to be satisfied having coaches in both major sports be guys that he/she did not hire personally...especially if neither is overwhelmingly successful. From Pitino's side, unless Mike Ellis is retained and the new A.D. makes him extremely comfortable, I don't see how he sticks around if he has another option in the next year or two. Another bad season this year and the new A.D. might want to make a move, while a surprisingly good season would have Pitino looking to move to a place where he'd be the A.D.'s "guy". Obviously the ideal scenario is that Pitino and the new A.D. hit it off and Pitino has a great season and is our coach for years to come. Unfortunately, "ideal" and "Gopher sports" have never went together in my lifetime.

If Pitino wins - or at least exceeds expectations, he will have options. If he doesn't win, or fails to meet expectations, then he'd better start kissing up to the new AD pronto.

Top Bottom