STrib: Kill advises Minnesotans to shed red from their wardrobe

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Rand:

Not only does he want to beat Wisconsin, he doesn’t even want to see a Badgers shirt. Ever. Or at least in Minnesota.

“Just makes me mad, I’ll tell you,” he said. Same goes for Iowa. Nebraska? Don’t get Kill started. Wait, too late. Kill described taking a walk along the river recently and encountering a fan in a Nebraska sweatshirt.

“I said, you know who I am? Yeah, I think so. I said, well, who am I? He says, ‘Coach Kill.’ I said, I’m from the University of Minnesota. You’ve got that Nebraska thing on,” Kill said. “He goes, ‘Coach, I like you.’ And I said, well, you need to come by and get a shirt, but I’ll take a picture with you.”

Kill was smiling but pretty serious through this.

http://www.startribune.com/randball...ns-to-shed-red-from-their-wardrobe/320707321/

Go Gophers!!

This is why I love Kill! He really gets it!!

RostovGold

He's just pulling the majority of Minnesotan's right along with him! Trying to get them fired up and show them what big time college football is all about! Don't think many if anyone else could do what he's done! If he gets that facility built, then I'll know no one else could do what he's done. Right guy at the right time. Let's hope the rest of Minnesota wakes their asses up to this program and embraces it as this state's team!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my favorite tees is red, but it's more of a lighter Husker shade. I hope this doesn't apply.

I have been and continue to be a crusader on this. Any time I seen anyone wearing that other school stuff, my response is what is that? This is Minnesota, get with the program. And anyone wearing Gopher gear is likely to get a fist bump or high 5 and Ski U Mah. That's my SOP and I am sticking with it. Thank you coach for making this an issue. I also look for retailers who stock Gopher gear. Are you listening retailers?

Good % of my wardrobe is maroon and gold. My wife always mocks me

Good % of my wardrobe is maroon and gold. My wife always mocks me

Don't feel bad, both my wife and I have lots of maroon and gold, but she still mocks me anyway. It's what wives do.

The problem is that most of the people wearing red (or black and gold) aren't from here and aren't Gopher fans. They move here because they can't find work in their own God-forsaken states. They're not Gopher fans or alums, so why would they wear our colors? The real problem is current U undergrads and alums who wear red (or black and gold) - that is an unforgivable crime and furthermore, just plain stupid.

My wife looks really hot in maroon & gold - she's getting some Gopher ears at the State Fair to bring the outfit over the top.

Myself: Even though I'm originally from "the shadows of Camp Randall", I don't remember the last time I bought anything red.

Why anybody would wear red is beyond me. Even in a fashion sense it pukes people out. Keep it where it is supposed to be, on barns and sh-t houses.

I will admit I once wore an Iowa sweatshirt visiting a friend for a football game there. Don't worry I puked all over it tailgating and the stains never came out.

I religiously wear maroon and gold on Fridays and a lot of other days too, especially weekends. However, my valentine days boxer are going in the trash. Kill is spot on with this better dead than red campaign.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

I have been and continue to be a crusader on this. Any time I seen anyone wearing that other school stuff, my response is what is that? This is Minnesota, get with the program. And anyone wearing Gopher gear is likely to get a fist bump or high 5 and Ski U Mah. That's my SOP and I am sticking with it. Thank you coach for making this an issue. I also look for retailers who stock Gopher gear. Are you listening retailers?

+1 Go Coach Kill!

Not to brag, but I painted my house maroon and gold. (well, I didn't do it myself - I hired some guys to do it, because I'm completely inept when it comes to any type of home repair or improvement stuff........)

Gov. Dayton's take:
"I look forward to the Gophers beating the Badgers and Hawkeyes so badly that anyone would be embarrassed to be seen in anything other than Maroon and Gold."

+1 Coach Kill & +1 Gov. Dayton

It used to be that you could go to a clothier and never see Gopher wear. Now, I see it everywhere. When it starts showing up in Wisconsin, then I know Gopher nation is taking it seriously.

I'm still trying to figure out who turned Rand onto this subject. I can't recall him ever writing about the Gophers. Although, I no longer get that paper or visit the strib website.

I think it's clear you need a new favorite tee. I suggest Goldy's Locker Room. They offer multiple hues of both maroon and gold.

Since I don't spend more than $15 on a T-shirt, Goldy's is likely out of the question. Maybe I'll dye it with some brown Rit to make it maroon. I'll have to think about that.

You're good as long as you're not in a wheelchair.

frabz-Excuse-me-Wtf-does-that-mean-8a39ba.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out who turned Rand onto this subject. I can't recall him ever writing about the Gophers. Although, I no longer get that paper or visit the strib website.

He was at the press conference when Kill mentioned it. Rand mostly handles the page 2 of the Strib sports page....a hodgepodge from the world of sports.

From the full transcript:

I told somebody that had a Nebraska shirt on, I was walking the river the other night and he had that Nebraska shirt on, and I go, hey, what's that, and the kid is in a wheelchair. I go, what's that? Nebraska. I said, you know who I am? Yeah, I think so. I said, well, who am I? He says, Coach Kill. I said, I'm from the University of Minnesota. You've got that Nebraska thing on. He goes, Coach, I like you. And I said, well, you need to come by and get a shirt, but I'll take a picture with you. So I took a picture with him, liked the kid and everything.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?62768-Kill-s-press-conference-today/page2

From the full transcript:

I told somebody that had a Nebraska shirt on, I was walking the river the other night and he had that Nebraska shirt on, and I go, hey, what's that, and the kid is in a wheelchair. I go, what's that? Nebraska. I said, you know who I am? Yeah, I think so. I said, well, who am I? He says, Coach Kill. I said, I'm from the University of Minnesota. You've got that Nebraska thing on. He goes, Coach, I like you. And I said, well, you need to come by and get a shirt, but I'll take a picture with you. So I took a picture with him, liked the kid and everything.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?62768-Kill-s-press-conference-today/page2

Got it. I hadn't read that thread. Really like that Kill is passionate about rallying support for the program. It reminds me of the way Schembechler felt about Michigan football back in the day.

Get rid of the red plaque, and all is fine and dandy in Gopherland.

Rout the red skunks, and it will be devine.

Walk around The U on any given day and you will see a college student sporting some other schools garb. This has gone on forever at Minnesota. I can guarantee you this, you would never see a student at Texas wearing an aTm shirt or an Oklahoma shirt, it just wouldnt happen. Go Gophers! Maroon and Gold only on Campus

Walk around The U on any given day and you will see a college student sporting some other schools garb. This has gone on forever at Minnesota. I can guarantee you this, you would never see a student at Texas wearing an aTm shirt or an Oklahoma shirt, it just wouldnt happen. Go Gophers! Maroon and Gold only on Campus
bronco.jpg
And that's why you should be happy you live in Minnesota.

Top Bottom