FSN: Gophers' Kill largely content with 2015 roster

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

But the biggest key to Minnesota's season might be getting junior signal-caller Mitch Leidner, who completed 51.5 percent of his passes last season, to play with improved confidence. The Gophers can do that by unearthing some playmakers, according to Kill.

"Our receivers have got to be able to go make some plays for the quarterback," said Kill. "We need guys to go get the football.

"We need some explosion plays on offense," the coach added.

Minnesota needs to replace current NFL rookies David Cobb and Maxx Williams at running back and tight end, respectively, but returns a fair amount of talent. One youngster to keep an eye on is redshirt freshman Jeff Jones, a running back by trade whom Kill said should see some action at receiver in 2015.

The Gophers' overall goal in 2015? Simple.

"Just be better than we were last year," said Kill, 25-26 overall during his tenure at Minnesota. "And if we're better than we were last year, I guess we'd be in the Big Ten Championship game. That's what we need to do, one brick at a time."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...5-ncaa-college-football-big-ten-roster-080415

Go Gophers!!

I would agree it's starts with the quarterback. At the same time he can't do it alone. It's a team game as everyone on the field has a role to play.

JK of course is right on, really need Wolk & KJ to step up until the redshirt freshmen WR's find themselves!

RostovGold

Anything we get from Woli would be a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I'm not expecting much unless he has greatly improved his hands.

I like an explosive play as much as anyone but until Leidner can drop back and complete a six yard quick pass on 3 and 5 I think we'll be lacking..

Top Bottom