All Things Gophers vs TCU Game (logistics, tailgating plans, gameday fun)

AuEGO4

Goldy is my Home Boy
Reaction score
Mods please move if this is a duplicate thread.

According to Nick in Gopher Fan Relations, the tailgate lots will be open at 2:00 for the TCU game. That is 6 hours of tailgating folks.

Also just picked up some Twins tickets. With the game being an 8:00 start this gives plenty of time between Twins and Gophers games to easily pull a double header.

In the past, we were always able to walk to the games. This will be the first time we are driving to a football game. We're not really interested in tailgating, so are there any opinions on when we should arrive on campus to get decent parking? We were just thinking the 4th street ramp as that's an easy walk.

In the past, we were always able to walk to the games. This will be the first time we are driving to a football game. We're not really interested in tailgating, so are there any opinions on when we should arrive on campus to get decent parking? We were just thinking the 4th street ramp as that's an easy walk.

Single game parking options are:

East Bank
East River Road Garage ($10)
Church Street Garage ($20)
University Ave. Ramp ($20 - Disability Only)

St. Paul
Lot S108 ($10)

West Bank
19th Ave. Ramp ($6 - Pay as you Exit)
21st Ave. Ramp ($6 - Pay as you Exit)

The St. Paul lot is not available for the TCU game. (State Fair uses it.)

The St. Paul lot is not available for the TCU game. (State Fair uses it.)

I think all State Fair lot ticket holders get a pass to the University Ave ramp for the first game. That is what they have done in the past.

Huh. Well I guess we'll do one of those East Bank ramps. Any thoughts on when we should arrive to actually get a spot, though?

Sadly will be in clinic til 5 (unless my preceptor turns out to be cool or a gopher fan) but convinced two buddies to come down and join me in the student section. Hopefully we can crash gopher ladys party because one of my buddy's seems to have a thing for her haha

saw this thread and thought

and so it begins...

less than thirty boys!

TCU fans were great hosts to us Gopher fans last year. Please be sure to treat them with the same hospitality they showed us.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

I think all State Fair lot ticket holders get a pass to the University Ave ramp for the first game. That is what they have done in the past.

That is correct. BTW, Hoping to run into you before the game, it's been a long time since UNLV. We'll be prepping for the game all day on campus!

That is correct. BTW, Hoping to run into you before the game, it's been a long time since UNLV. We'll be prepping for the game all day on campus!
Just got my Twins tickets and planning on tailgating with Gopherlady in Ski U Mah. Will most likely have my Gopherhole name shirt on weather permitting.

TCU fans were great hosts to us Gopher fans last year. Please be sure to treat them with the same hospitality they showed us.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

In experience Gopher fans are pretty good hosts, of course I'm biased, but I've seen many a rival/opposing fan welcomed at bars pre-game. I've even chatted with Badger fans (maybe showing them class will rub off on them, and they can repay the favor someday). There are always exceptions

Of course sometimes we steal their wives and find the nearest bathroom

This will likely be the only game I can make it to this year so I'll be extra rowdy!

I don't know when the official start times for the Band's plaza show or pregame show, but I'll make sure to post when I do find out so that anyone who is interested can show up on time!

I don't know when the official start times for the Band's plaza show or pregame show, but I'll make sure to post when I do find out so that anyone who is interested can show up on time!

Thank you!

The traffic for last years opener was a mess. Coming from Woodbury, 94W was a parking lot before Snelling Ave all the way to the east bank. State Fair had a lot to do with it as well as rush hour since the game was a 6pm kick. Hopefully the 8pm start will alleviate some of that but if you normally park in the fairgrounds lots and plan on traveling to the east bank to park in the university ramp I would advise you to leave early.

Definitely thinking we will take one of the rental bikes and ride over from St Paul. Otherwise hop on the rail. Have to imagine traffic is going to be brutal

Best place to park easily that day is the River Flats lot river.jpg

I think it's $10? and if you are coming in from the west, south or north the access is far enough away from the state fair to avoid that traffic. Great tailgating atmosphere down there. Should be a big party that day. Be warned it's a fairly steep uphill walk to get to the stadium so not a good fit if your not capable of walking up 13 flights of stairs you may need to look elsewhere.

Just Screwing around on MapQuest I came across this gem. The State Fair is obviously going on (Midway to the South) and the St. Paul lot is completely vacant and unused. Maybe I was naïve to this but I always thought we couldn't use our tailgate lot because the State Fair contracted it out and used it. If it sits empty, why in the heck can't we use it. We could access it through the St. Paul campus entrance off of Larpenteur.

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=1JOxf1f" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Obviously there's no way to tell when that picture was taken, but worse than that was Lot 37 sitting 3/4 empty all day long on gameday last year.

Obviously there's no way to tell when that picture was taken, but worse than that was Lot 37 sitting 3/4 empty all day long on gameday last year.

Yeah, frustrating to see that when we show up from the St. Paul lot.

Reading some of the TCU pages and it looks like they are doing a "Rooftop Tailgate Party". What location would do a rooftop party around the stadium? Does BWW have a rooftop? Maybe the Commons?

Top Bottom