BTN: Tom Dienhart: Is the Big Ten on the brink of a golden age?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart:

Now, Ohio State and Michigan look primed to declare war again on the rest of the Big Ten with Urban Meyer sitting on a national power in Columbus and Jim Harbaugh at the commands in Ann Arbor.

“With the momentum Ohio State built last year, you have to think the program is primed for more big things,” said FOX college football analyst Joel Klatt. “And Jim Harbaugh has Michigan thinking big.”

Wait. There’s more. There always is for a story as potentially delicious as this one. The Big Ten’s awesome meter may threaten to break off with Michigan State rolling and Penn State on the cusp. Yes, this could be a fun few years coming up for the grand ol’ Big Ten.

“Add in Michigan State’s dominance under Mark Dantonio, James Franklin at Penn State and new coaches at Nebraska and Wisconsin, and the Big Ten could be in store for a run,” Klatt said.

http://btn.com/2015/08/04/dienhart-is-the-big-ten-on-the-brink-of-a-golden-age/

Go Gophers!!

Brewster had Minnesota thinking big.

I think Harbaugh will succeed at Michigan. I do. But, I also find it interesting the way so many media articles list the big turn around at Michigan as if it has already happened. They were a bad football team getting even worse. It is like someone has punched the fast forward button and they have already gone undefeated in Harbaugh's first year.

I think Harbaugh will succeed at Michigan. I do. But, I also find it interesting the way so many media articles list the big turn around at Michigan as if it has already happened. They were a bad football team getting even worse. It is like someone has punched the fast forward button and they have already gone undefeated in Harbaugh's first year.

Really find it interesting as well. I've seen many of their fans say that 6-6 would be a disappointment, and that they fully expect 7 or 8 wins this year. Harbaugh is a great coach but you're right, they weren't a good football team last year and need some time to get it together.

Correct. I'd be really surprised to see Michigan go anywhere north of 8 wins and they are more likely a fringe bowl team. Turning around the culture and preparing the team to play how you want takes time. As we've seen with Kill. So I expect Michigan to be a major force in 3 to 4 years, but this is the sweet time to win a few in a row against them.

Correct. I'd be really surprised to see Michigan go anywhere north of 8 wins and they are more likely a fringe bowl team. Turning around the culture and preparing the team to play how you want takes time. As we've seen with Kill. So I expect Michigan to be a major force in 3 to 4 years, but this is the sweet time to win a few in a row against them.
This year and 2017 are our only chances before 2020 there is a very good chance Harbaugh is back in the NFL by 2020.

This year and 2017 are our only chances before 2020 there is a very good chance Harbaugh is back in the NFL by 2020.

we'll see how it goes, but I'm not sure Harbaugh will leave. He could stay at Michigan for 30 years if he wants to.

Top Bottom