BT players offer freshmen to watch this season (MN: Renner, DeLattiboudere, Hall)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Late last week, I asked seven Big Ten players to give me a true freshman who has stood out to them thus far, and who could potentially make an impact in the upcoming 2015 season.

Theiren Cockran, Minnesota. They’ve all come in and have worked hard. We have two defensive ends that have stood out to me in Sam (Renner) and Winston (DeLattiboudere). At defensive tackle, Mose (Hall). These guys came right in and they’ve been working and picking up on things at a faster pace than I first did when I came in. I’m proud of these guys because it’s challenging. They are asking a lot of questions when we watch film together. They challenge me.

http://btn.com/2015/08/03/big-ten-football-players-offer-freshmen-to-watch-in-upcoming-season/

Go Gophers!!

I have to admit I had to search Sam Renner. Looks like he could be a walk-on who can contribute right away.

Excited to see Mose Hall. He looked strong an nasty in his HS highlights (I know, HS highlights...).

Renner at 250 (DE) and Hall at 275 (DT) are already big enough to play, DeLattiboudere (DE) at 230, probably needs to gain a little weight. The really great thing is that we are starting to get enough depth that redshirts for all three are highly likely. Hall would be the most likely to playing time if the coaches think he'll be needed in the rotation next year.

It's a safe bet that none of these guys are going to play this year, but it's nice to get a progress report on the D-linemen from TC. It'd be gravy if Renner turns out to be legit.

Renner at 250 (DE) and Hall at 275 (DT) are already big enough to play, DeLattiboudere (DE) at 230, probably needs to gain a little weight. The really great thing is that we are starting to get enough depth that redshirts for all three are highly likely. Hall would be the most likely to playing time if the coaches think he'll be needed in the rotation next year.

Defensive/offensive line is a place where I want the guys redshirting 99% of the time (a guy like Greg Eslinger is very, very rare). I'm fine with pretty much every other position, except QB, playing at true freshmen, if they can contribute.

Top Bottom