College GameDay announces first and last stops for 2015 regular season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Awful Announcing:

Today ESPN and College GameDay announced the first and last stops for the college football studio show that has taken on a life of its own in its travels around the country.

GameDay and ESPN had a number of compelling matchups to choose from in the first week of the season – Texas-Notre Dame, Arizona State-Texas A&M, Louisville-Auburn, Youngstown State-Pitt… but unsurprisingly, Bristol has chosen the neutral site showdown between Alabama and Wisconsin from JerryWorld in Fort Worth. (Or Arlington, or Dallas, or North Texas…)

ESPN also went ahead and named the Army-Navy game for their location on December 12th because that’s one of the most historic rivalries in all of sports… and it just so happens to be the only college football game scheduled for that weekend.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/col...-first-and-last-stops-for-2015-regular-season

Go Gophers!!

GameDay Season Opener -- Bucky vs Bama

GameDay chose to kickoff the Season in Dallas with Bucky vs. Bama. I would be willing to wager a large amount that they kick off next year at Bucky vs LSU in Lambeau.

Good exposure for Bucky - but 2 beatdowns by the SEC over Bucky will also be great to see......

Was holding out hope for a Special TCU vs Gophers Season Kickoff.....but not how ESPN does it.

No surprise. Best chance for a Minnesota Gameday visit this season is versus Michigan but would require the moon and stars to align (other possibilities that day include Florida-Georgia, Arizona-Washington, Ole Miss-Auburn)

Good article about College GameDay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3fndx0/is_the_college_gameday_curse_real_i_crunched_the/

Never Been Kissed: These "Power 5" schools have never been featured on College GameDay. Duke, Indiana, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Rutgers, Virginia, Wake Forest. Mississippi State and Ole Miss both made it off this list with their apperances on the show last season. As a result, the SEC joins the PAC12 as the only two conferences to have every one of their schools appear on the show.

It's Great to Be: TCU 12 teams have a perfect win percentage when featured on College GameDay, but 10 of them have only appeared once. TCU has been featured 5 times and won every time.

No surprise. Best chance for a Minnesota Gameday visit this season is versus Michigan but would require the moon and stars to align (other possibilities that day include Florida-Georgia, Arizona-Washington, Ole Miss-Auburn)

I think the Gophs would need to be undefeated at that point and Michigan with 1 loss or better and Harbuagh fever to assist the storyline.

I think the Gophs would need to be undefeated at that point and Michigan with 1 loss or better and Harbuagh fever to assist the storyline.

Probably. At worst we'd have to have 1-loss Minnesota hosting 1-loss Michigan. At least it's a primetime game, with not a LOT of other big-name games going on, and has the Harbaugh factor going for it.

Probably. At worst we'd have to have 1-loss Minnesota hosting 1-loss Michigan. At least it's a primetime game, with not a LOT of other big-name games going on, and has the Harbaugh factor going for it.
For reference here are the schedules to that point:

Michigan
@Utah
Oregon State
UNLV
BYU
@Maryland
Northwestern
Michigan State

Minnesota
TCU
@Colorado State
Kent State
Ohio
@Northwestern
@Purdue
Nebraska

I could see some serious gameday steam if we had 1 loss to TCU, Michgan had 1 or 0 losses and both teams were coming off wins versus MSU and Nebraska.

Looks like they may both have one loss at that point.

I think there's a much better chance that Michigan starts 0-2 rather than has 1 loss going into the Gophers game. I definitely think they will lose week 1 at Utah.

per Awful Announcing:

Today ESPN and College GameDay announced the first and last stops for the college football studio show that has taken on a life of its own in its travels around the country.

GameDay and ESPN had a number of compelling matchups to choose from in the first week of the season – Texas-Notre Dame, Arizona State-Texas A&M, Louisville-Auburn, <b>Youngstown State-Pitt</b>… but unsurprisingly, Bristol has chosen the neutral site showdown between Alabama and Wisconsin from JerryWorld in Fort Worth. (Or Arlington, or Dallas, or North Texas…)

Come again?

You must be forgetting that Bo Pelini now coaches Youngstown State.

That makes it interesting enough for the country that GameDay would consider going there? I doubt they even had that game on the list.

Top Bottom