CBS: UCLA accepts verbal commitment from 13-year-old star LaMelo Ball

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CCBS:

LaMelo Ball -- a 13-year-old basketball player from California -- has, like his two older brothers, verbally committed to UCLA, the family told CBSSports.com.

The commitment came one day after the Ball family was featured at CBSSports.com.

LaMelo Ball is the younger brother of Class of 2016 star Lonzo Ball and Class of 2017 standout LiAngelo Ball, both of whom committed to UCLA months ago. The brothers play together for a summer team called Big Ballers VXT that's coached by their parents, LaVar and Tina Ball. They're all expected to start for Chino Hills High this season.

LaMelo Ball averaged 19.8 points in a 17-and-under event last week in Las Vegas.

He's been playing 17-and-under since he was 11 years old.

"People say Melo is going to be the best out of all of us," said Lonzo Ball, a five-star recruit who is already considered a legitimate pro prospect. "We'll see."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-commitment-from-13-year-old-star-lamelo-ball

Go Gophers!!

Ooh, their summer team is coached by the parents. how sweet.

Maybe UCLA can find dad an assistant coaching job, too.

(going into gumpy old man mode) I believe that schools should not be able to offer scholarships to players until they are at least HS freshmen. How much younger is this stuff going to go? Which team will be the first to offer a 10-year-old, or a 9-year-old? arrrg........

Ooh, their summer team is coached by the parents. how sweet.

Maybe UCLA can find dad an assistant coaching job, too.

(going into gumpy old man mode) I believe that schools should not be able to offer scholarships to players until they are at least HS freshmen. How much younger is this stuff going to go? Which team will be the first to offer a 10-year-old, or a 9-year-old? arrrg........

Seriously though,Who cares? This happens very rarely. What are the chances all 3 stay? And if you limit the age they can offer/accept scholarships all that will lead to is other ways to show interest "start the relationship" which will undoubtedly be even creepier and or shadier.

Kind of the opposite strategy that Pitino is taking with the Hurt brothers.

Kinda wish my parents woulda named me LaMelo instead of Good. :(

Top Bottom