All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Watched his highlights

Phillip Dorsett.

That would be greaaaaaaat

Prince must have helped recruit him. They almost have the same last name.

We cleaned up an incredible class of Minnesota athletes, now we hit Florida hard. There are more outstanding Florida kids coming in this class. They will impact the pecking order of the B1G. The U, the real U, has been a great place to live and get an education and now it is a great place to play football! Again. Finally!

Camp video of Snelson. Jerry, I'd like me some Trevon Grimes, five star 6.1 receiver. Very impressive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8MMBbh-5jI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Camp video of Snelson. Jerry, I'd like me some Trevon Grimes, five star 6.1 receiver. Very impressive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8MMBbh-5jI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wouldn't be surprised to see Grimes commit to the Buckeyes within the next 6-12 months.

So pumped!! I can't remember the last out of state commit that had as big of offers as Snelson does. Maybe Maroney, but I don't think the helmet schools offered because of grades. This is just flat out fun.

So pumped!! I can't remember the last out of state commit that had as big of offers as Snelson does. Maybe Maroney, but I don't think the helmet schools offered because of grades. This is just flat out fun.

I agree, which got me to thinking. On paper, is this the best Gopher recruit ever? Not only is he rated high, but the Gophers plucked him out of talent rich south Florida away from all of the SEC schools.

I agree, which got me to thinking. On paper, is this the best Gopher recruit ever? Not only is he rated high, but the Gophers plucked him out of talent rich south Florida away from all of the SEC schools.

Brandon Owens is the best recruit "on paper" that I recall.

I call BS on the grades issue. If Miami pulled his offer over grades halfway through his JR season...Miami.

Expulsion for some other reason-possible. Nobody seems to know anything, most certainly VT fans.

I'd like to think Jerry and the boys do their due diligence on these guys before offering. I suppose anything is possible including shoot first, ask questions later. The thing about recruits requiring a campus visit before committing has obviously fallen by the wayside.

Yes, VT_StArScReAm always knows what he's talking about.

latest

"Hello, my name is...Dredrick Snelson. And I come from...some place far away! Yes, that will do. Anyway, I say we invest that money back into Freddy Nelson's power plant!"

LOL - Ah, now there is a theory that requires a lot of imagination. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and blame it on you being hung over this morning.:drink: Obviously there is a connection with the players but for Minnesota to plan it that way would be amazing. Crazier things have been posted here before but not many may as entertaining.

Who was Seantrel's friend that we allegedly did this for?

That passes the smell test. Again, I'll be his biggest fan if he signs with us on signing day and is admitted to school. But I'm not going to hold my breath...

Yep, this doesn't pass the smell test. This just doesn't happen very often. A kid with these kind of offers suddenly commits to a school like Minnesota out of the blue? Very unusual. Will be interesting to find out if those rumors have any legs.

I just googled VT and found out they are still looking to win a National Title in a varsity sport although they won some bass fishing event.

Brew did it by taking Johnny Johnson to help land Gray. JJ ended up being a fairly good ST player.

I believe that was to land Brandon Green actually. Another highly rated wide receiver who never really panned out for us.

I believe that was to land Brandon Green actually. Another highly rated wide receiver who never really panned out for us.

Yes, you are right. At least I got half of it right - better than usual for me.

I just googled VT and found out they are still looking to win a National Title in a varsity sport although they won some bass fishing event.

Too funny! For many years I've found Virginia Tech an annoying team. They've continually choked big games when it counted, and I'll be rooting for Ohio State in their first game. Reading their 247 site on the Snelson commit, reinforced my dislike of VT. We may very well be a placeholder, but I don't think it will be for VT if it happens. It will be an actual successful team, probably SEC.

I call BS on the grades issue. If Miami pulled his offer over grades halfway through his JR season...Miami.

Expulsion for some other reason-possible. Nobody seems to know anything, most certainly VT fans.

I'd like to think Jerry and the boys do their due diligence on these guys before offering. I suppose anything is possible including shoot first, ask questions later. The thing about recruits requiring a campus visit before committing has obviously fallen by the wayside.

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense. Miami is a fine school.

Call me crazy, but my first reaction when we got the commitments from the Daniels' twins was "Whhaaaat? We took commits from a couple 3*'s who've never visited, or camped with us? They must have a couple teammates who're 4* & 5* players". It's a common practice in the the recruiting game, I wonder if that was part of the equation?

You're crazy. Kill wouldn't have taken two players if he didn't expect them to contribute.

Yep, this doesn't pass the smell test. This just doesn't happen very often. A kid with these kind of offers suddenly commits to a school like Minnesota out of the blue? Very unusual. Will be interesting to find out if those rumors have any legs.

Daniels twins. Still came out of nowhere.....but it's not as wild as some think.

You're crazy. Kill wouldn't have taken two players if he didn't expect them to contribute.

I believe Claeys was the one who offered the twins after watching them in person and that's why they accepted their commitments even though they had yet to make it on campus.

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense. Miami is a fine school.

Fair enough, but I'm sure you're aware of the storied history of alleged and confirmed rule-dodging and the "convicts" reputation. Do they have a reputation on par with say, Stanford, for recruiting student-athletes or do they lean more to the athlete side? Serious question, as I don't intimately follow the academic standings of second tier private schools.

Top Bottom