<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Don't think that Carter is the one to look to. Based upon what we've seen.....it's the Daniels twins who have helped sway his decision.

Considering that one of Snelson's main factors was playing time......Minnesota is a good choice. Nothing but open playing time here.

Carter Coughlin † ‎@Cmoe34

S/O to the new member of the family! @D_Snelson2 Welcome to The Empire brother〽️ this guy is gonna do big things?

4:49 PM - 1 Aug 2015

In reference to Burns' "no visits" tweet, I'm not so sure that is exactly what the deal is. Snelson is quoted by Matt Jessen-Howard as saying he'll probably take visits but is set on the Gophers. Also, what he told Burns was that "as of now I don't plan on taking anymore visits" which coupled with what he told MJH leads me to believe that maybe what he meant was that he doesn't have any other visits planned right now. Not sure though. Either way from everything I've read I believe that he is solid to Minnesota.

You just quoted the same message board we have all been talking about throughout this entire thread. It was linked among the first few posts.

Well, then the expression of my avatar character makes more sense now, doesn't it?

I could be wrong but I don't even think the staff didn't really knew anything about him at all until the Daniels told the staff that Snelson was interested. Snelson might not have even had an offer before the Daniels made the staff aware of him.

I think you are right. Snelson came out of nowhere less than a month ago. My guess is that the Daniels twins told Kill and staff that he was interested as well. Look at the offer list. Playing time was part of the equation.....but clearly his friendship with the Daniels plays a big part. In the recruiting thread.....Snelson had a Q&A in which he mentioned that he talks to the Daniels everyday.

Honestly........I'm not worried about VT one bit. If Snelson would have had reservations about MN......he probably wouldn't have committed. Especially if he preferred VT and was hoping for an offer. Blacksburg is the armpit of America. Who'd want to go there?

Well, then the expression of my avatar character makes more sense now, doesn't it?

Well done. Comments like Schnauzer's usually turn into pissing matches.

I'm open to suggestions. How could I reword my post to avoid a "pissing match"? I loved the response too, btw.

I'm open to suggestions. How could I reword my post to avoid a "pissing match"? I loved the response too, btw.

Just pointing out that whenever anyone here is corrected on something there is usually a thin skinned rebuttal that turns into a comparison of c*ck lengths.

Just pointing out that whenever anyone here is corrected on something there is usually a thin skinned rebuttal that turns into a comparison of c*ck lengths.

What is considered long? Asking for a friend.

This is what happens when you excel in the conference and earn a trip to a good bowl game.

Minnesota now has two 4-star recruits from states other than Minnesota. That hasn't happened very much. Kill and his staff are truly recruiting at a new level this year. This is the type of class that wins Big Ten West titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gophers find one more 4-star to add.

If the Regents approve the facilities in September and if Leidner improves this season, then we might just see our school attached to a 5-star next year.

Kid sounds like a great recruit. It's fun to see the U start to land nationally-ranked kids.

But, can't help pointing out that, before this year, the party line among a lot of Gopher Fans was that Kill & staff excelled at locating "diamonds in the rough," and "coaching up" 2- and 3-star kids to become quality players.

Now, if the Gophers start landing 4-star or even 5-star recruits, how does that change the perception of the program? Are the Gophs ready to drop the "plucky underdogs" persona and play with the big dogs?

And, how much does this change expectations for the program? Are people going to start expecting/demanding conference titles - national playoff berths - how high is the bar going to be set?

As Gopher Fans, we are preparing to march boldly into unknown territory. I'm excited, but also a little apprehensive - because there is no road map for unknown territory.

Kid sounds like a great recruit. It's fun to see the U start to land nationally-ranked kids.

But, can't help pointing out that, before this year, the party line among a lot of Gopher Fans was that Kill & staff excelled at locating "diamonds in the rough," and "coaching up" 2- and 3-star kids to become quality players.

Now, if the Gophers start landing 4-star or even 5-star recruits, how does that change the perception of the program? Are the Gophs ready to drop the "plucky underdogs" persona and play with the big dogs?

And, how much does this change expectations for the program? Are people going to start expecting/demanding conference titles - national playoff berths - how high is the bar going to be set?

As Gopher Fans, we are preparing to march boldly into unknown territory. I'm excited, but also a little apprehensive - because there is no road map for unknown territory.

My guess is regardless of the answer, they'll be extremely varied and contain various levels of hyperbole to support.

Mn will always need to find under recruited kids. Never hurts to sprinkle in others

Jerry Kill and company will always do their own player evaluations and will continue to locate high character under the radar kids even if they start getting four & five star players. That is their coaching DNA.

They will if not already known in the NFL as a good college football program in coaching and teaching sound solid fundamentals and attitude. Jerry Kill's players play through and play hard regardless of the score.

If they continue getting four or five players drafted, they will have no problems getting noticed. RBs & OLs flocked to Wiscy for years after their string of winning seasons.

Building the facilities and lifting the pay of assistant coaches will keep this program solid for a long time.

Seeing how well he has coached up the 2 & 3 stars recruits makes me anxious to see how well he can coach up the 4 or even 5 star recruits.

Regarding the rankings of this kid...

Goblirsch alluded to the politics amongst the recruiting sites, the contracts involved with different camps, all-star games etc. it somewhat explains the discrepancy of rankings for a player like Coughlin, or Snelson.

It seems there may be a conscious bias to accurately rank players that attend supported camps, or selected to play in certain all-star games. Combine this with the natural evaluation differences between scouts, sprinkle in a little butthurt demonstrated by people like Bud Elliot, and we have an absurd ranking of an 80 three star for Snelson.

I'm not Jshowers but even I can see Snelson has more college talent potential than a low 3 star. It damages the credibility of 247, in my opinion.

Please note Rivals may have him ranked too high, but the 247 eval is absurd. My opinion. Very curious.

Agreed. It is a good thing JK and company don't recruit based off that crap and come up with their own evals.

I could be wrong but I don't even think the staff didn't really knew anything about him at all until the Daniels told the staff that Snelson was interested. Snelson might not have even had an offer before the Daniels made the staff aware of him.

Call me crazy, but my first reaction when we got the commitments from the Daniels' twins was "Whhaaaat? We took commits from a couple 3*'s who've never visited, or camped with us? They must have a couple teammates who're 4* & 5* players". It's a common practice in the the recruiting game, I wonder if that was part of the equation?

Call me crazy, but my first reaction when we got the commitments from the Daniels' twins was "Whhaaaat? We took commits from a couple 3*'s who've never visited, or camped with us? They must have a couple teammates who're 4* & 5* players". It's a common practice in the the recruiting game, I wonder if that was part of the equation?

LOL - Ah, now there is a theory that requires a lot of imagination. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and blame it on you being hung over this morning.:drink: Obviously there is a connection with the players but for Minnesota to plan it that way would be amazing. Crazier things have been posted here before but not many may as entertaining.

Snelson's going to have to work extremely hard for two years and probably redshirt if he wants to see significant minutes early in his career. I suspect a few of the redshirt freshman WRs this season are ballers.

Top Bottom