All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

It's a Pig Man!

Reaction score
Just saw a tweet from ESPN. On my phone so can't embed. This is a huge pickup!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You'll enjoy being on this team! Welcome!

whoa, great news.

Kill built through coaching and mentoring, and continues building through recruiting. A nice recruiting class just got better.

P.S. The interest in high-end receiving talent is quite intriguing.

Holy Crow - that was quick - wasn't he announcing on his mother's birthday - in December?

Dredrick Snelson Commits!

4-star WR. #96 in USA! Impressive offer list. Sweet!

Great! It is a great day to be a Gopher fan!

A surprise but a very good surprise didn't think he would be committing anytime soon. Really impressive offer list and I really like his JR highlights. With Howard and now Snelson on board I wonder how many WRs the staff will take this year. At one time I believe the speculation was they would probably only take 2 WRs but with guys like Edwards and Spielman still out there I wonder if they might take at least 1 more.

Per 247 offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ole Miss, Louisville, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virgina Tech, Vanderbilt. Plus Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Miami (FL), Purdue per Rivals. ESPN also lists USC, NC State, wisconsin

So we pulled a 4-star (on some sites) WR recruit from the state of Florida with offers from FSU, Florida, and Miaimi??!!

Welcome Dredrick!!!!!!!

I don't know what is happening in Gopherland but I like it and want some more!!

GREAT news!!!

Isn't he buds with the Daniels twins? That would seem to make all of them a little more solid. Yes, I'm a born worrier and it is a long time till Feb.

This is fabulous!! Apparently the Daniels brothers are becoming our Florida version of Carter Coughlin!

Welcome to the Gophers Dredrick!

Brick by Brick

From ESPN

Dredrick Snelson, the No. 96 prospect in the country, is headed north for college. Way north, that is.

The South Florida playmaker and No. 14 receiver in the Class of 2016 informed RecruitingNation that he committed to Minnesota on Saturday over Virginia Tech, Miami, Michigan and UCF.

“I feel like Minnesota’s program fits me perfectly. The coaches stayed on me and stayed loyal to me, and I believe I can go up there and excel in the offense.”

Snelson’s call to Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill to commit was followed by the coach jumping up and down, and plans for a dessert.

He was very excited. He said he was jumping up and down next to his wife, and said he was going to celebrate with ice cream," Snelson said. Coach said they need me to be that dynamic playmaker the offense needs.”

Loyalty and the chance to be a difference-maker put the Golden Gophers over the top for Snelson, an ESPN 300 prospect who previously was committed to Miami.

“I think I fit in well offensively. I can be that dynamic playmaker the program needs. I just have to adjust to the cold [laughing].”

The 2016 Under Armour All-America selection visited Virginia Tech last week before coming to a decision Saturday. He has an official visit to Minnesota set for Oct. 31 for the Michigan game.

Snelson becomes the 14th commitment for the Golden Gophers, including four-star offensive tackle Sean Foster, athletic in-state linebacker Carter Coughlin and Sunshine State twins Elijah and Elisha Daniels.

Snelson, who will play his senior season at Flanagan High in Pembroke Pines, Florida, could become the third ESPN 300 prospect signed by Minnesota under Kill. Under Armour All-America alumnus Jeff Jones was ranked No. 137 in the 2014 class and offensive guard Isaac Hayes No. 112 in the 2012 class.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...eceiver-dredrick-snelson-commits-to-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

HOLY ****! Congrats to Coach, Staff and State of MN!

This is one guy I'll feel safe about in the class on signing day and not before. Hope it all works out and he comes on up, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I hope him and the Daniels brothers stick it out as this has the makings of an amazing class.

He's an athletic specimen. There's no reason to think he won't stick. Some people really want to go to college with their best buds. Maybe he wants to get out of Florida/the south for any number of reasons. Maybe Jerry told him we are shifting to that five wide spread attack.

Who knows, but the program is trending, success feeds on success, and we need playmakers.

Those VT posters...I just dont know what to say. I've lived all over the country and believe me, with the average person MN does have an image problem as being cold. But guess what, it gets cold in a lot of places. The south is a soggy, hot mess but doesn't stop recruits from attending. Embrace the image.

Top Bottom