Pioneer Press Fuller > Gophers Travel Spain August 10-20

They can still go on the trip bond with teammates and practice

I'm pretty sure they can't go on the trip. They are allowed to participate in the 10 allowed practices, but since they have to sit out next season, they are not allowed to make the trip.

Regardless of whether they can travel, apparently only 4 of those will be playing... right?

Lol

So much misinformation

Would clarify but my words on this site are too often deleted.

Only the Enlightened shall know

Regardless of whether they can travel, apparently only 4 of those will be playing... right?

Yes

NCAA Bylaw 17.28.1.4.1.1 states that in basketball, it is permissible for an incoming student-athlete (freshman or transfer) to represent the institution on a foreign tour that occurs during the summer prior to his or her initial full-time enrollment at the certifying institution and participate in practice prior to departure for the foreign tour pursuant to Bylaw 17.28.1.5, provided the following conditions are met: (Adopted: 4/29/10 effective 8/1/10)

(a) He or she has earned at least three hours of acceptable degree credit (toward any of the institution’s degree programs) during the summer term at the certifying institution; and

(b) He or she is eligible to represent the institution in intercollegiate competition during the academic year immediately following the tour.

Yes

NCAA Bylaw 17.28.1.4.1.1 states that in basketball, it is permissible for an incoming student-athlete (freshman or transfer) to represent the institution on a foreign tour that occurs during the summer prior to his or her initial full-time enrollment at the certifying institution and participate in practice prior to departure for the foreign tour pursuant to Bylaw 17.28.1.5, provided the following conditions are met: (Adopted: 4/29/10 effective 8/1/10)

(a) He or she has earned at least three hours of acceptable degree credit (toward any of the institution’s degree programs) during the summer term at the certifying institution; and

(b) He or she is eligible to represent the institution in intercollegiate competition during the academic year immediately following the tour.

This just states that they can't represent the team. Says nothing about if they can fly with the team over there and sit behind the bench during the games. The question comes down to is the university allowed to spend the money to fly them out there even if they are not allowed to play.

Yes

I am now enlightened. Thank you DeathClutch

Lol

So much misinformation

This would be a funny troll bit if you weren't so serious.

You're a typical wannabe, know-nothing, conspiracy theorist hack.

That blog of yours has really caught on over the years. Have you hired a single intern to proofread any of your handful of articles yet?

This just states that they can't represent the team. Says nothing about if they can fly with the team over there and sit behind the bench during the games. The question comes down to is the university allowed to spend the money to fly them out there even if they are not allowed to play.

"Shyatt is allowing each of his three assistants to be the head coach for one game in Canada.
Assistant Scott Duncan gets the first game, followed by Allen Edwards in the second and Shyatt’s son, Jeremy, in the third.
Larry Shyatt will be on the bench for all of the games, but mostly in teaching and observation roles.

The only player not making the trip is junior guard Charles Hankerson Jr.
Hankerson transferred from Alabama, and NCAA transfer rules won’t allow him to make the trip since he has to sit out the 2012-13 season. However, Hankerson has been practicing with the team."

http://www.wyosports.net/university...0-df86-11e1-9f87-0019bb2963f4.html?TNNoMobile

If transfers really aren't allowed to go no one told Reggie Lynch

@Air_Regiinald: Excited to be going to Spain in 1 week with my gopher team...it'll be my first time outside of the country ???? #Madrid #Barcelona

If transfers really aren't allowed to go no one told Reggie Lynch @Air_Regiinald: Excited to be going to Spain in 1 week with my gopher team...it'll be my first time outside of the country dde03cddeacddf8cdfc0 #Madrid #Barcelona

Obviously he's not enlightened.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is a classic thread. Too funny.

Lol

So much misinformation

Oh, c'mon, please enlighten us. Even if you have to dumb it down for us mere peasants.

What is it that you know? Show us the way oh great one.

Oh, c'mon, please enlighten us. Even if you have to dumb it down for us mere peasants.

What is it that you know? Show us the way oh great one.

Look back to when I said what I said...

Yeah, Marcus should have done his homework. It;s a ****ty rule, but at least Fitz and Lynch get to practice with the team before they leave.

I'm pretty sure they can't go on the trip. They are allowed to participate in the 10 allowed practices, but since they have to sit out next season, they are not allowed to make the trip.

They can still go on the trip bond with teammates and practice

Clearly the initial article implied they'd be able to play, which they can't. Then people believed they could practice in the 10 allowable pre-trip practices.. which they can't.

Clearly the initial article implied they'd be able to play, which they can't. Then people believed they could practice in the 10 allowable pre-trip practices.. which they can't.

And, you felt that was just too much info for us to handle? Appreciate you keeping that info to yourself and letting us process it in tiny bits as to not overload our little brains.

Why didn't you just simply post that statement from the start??? Here's a humble suggestion for your future posts:

Instead of playing the immature Mikey Middle School "I have a secret and ain't telling you" game, why not just offer up your thoughts/insight right away? Instead, you seem insistent on making 5 or 6 vague posts insinuating you have some sort of info (which often times you do) and then you get off on watching people guess at what your info is. Just give the info from the get-go and your info would be much better received. But, you gotta play this "I know something you don't know, ha ha" game and it just wears people out. It must make you feel brilliant, but it makes you look like a self-indulgent buffoon. I mean really, all of this and the bottom line is your info was they can't play in Spain and couldn't practice to prep for the trip. Just post that in your initial response and you'd save everyone time and misery.

And, you felt that was just too much info for us to handle? Appreciate you keeping that info to yourself and letting us process it in tiny bits as to not overload our little brains.

Why didn't you just simply post that statement from the start??? Here's a humble suggestion for your future posts:

Instead of playing the immature Mikey Middle School "I have a secret and ain't telling you" game, why not just offer up your thoughts/insight right away? Instead, you seem insistent on making 5 or 6 vague posts insinuating you have some sort of info (which often times you do) and then you get off on watching people guess at what your info is. Just give the info from the get-go and your info would be much better received. But, you gotta play this "I know something you don't know, ha ha" game and it just wears people out. It must make you feel brilliant, but it makes you look like a self-indulgent buffoon. I mean really, all of this and the bottom line is your info was they can't play in Spain and couldn't practice to prep for the trip. Just post that in your initial response and you'd save everyone time and misery.

+1 and you'd also gain a little respect from the rest of us over time. Instead, you have none.

Haven't shared all. I think there is a bigger issue.

Haven't shared all. I think there is a bigger issue.

Of course you do. You always do.

You protecting us from ourselves again? We certainly can't handle it, that's for sure.

You want us to beg?

Pretty please, tell us.

Look back to when I said what I said...

Clearly the initial article implied they'd be able to play, which they can't. Then people believed they could practice in the 10 allowable pre-trip practices.. which they can

You go Rainman!!!!

Top Bottom