New B1G schedule commitment: No FCS, at least one P5 game

Seriously, that's the most asinine argument ever. Where in Jim Delany's job description is he judged on the basis of whether he keeps frickin' UNI and Indiana St. in business? The whole line of reasoning is so insanely idiotic that I can't believe you continue to advance it and expect to be taken seriously. It sounds like something a 3rd grader would advocate.

So, you want NDSU to add 22 scholarships, then you want to play? Ya, Kills not going to fall for that one.

My feeling about this B1G policy really has nothing to do with NDSU. How are teams like Indiana State, MO State and UNI, who rely in Instate or local FBS games, going to survive? If the MAC is next, how do some of those teams survive without pay days and a cut of the revenue. If you look at this from a, what's best for college football perspective, it's a very selfish move. That's my concern. And it's unnecessary to tell IN or Purdue that they can't play IN State. It's unnecessary to tell Iowa that they can't play UNI. Then, look at the slate of FBS cupcakes on WIs schedule? The sos argument by the B1G is a ruse at best.

The B1G concern isn't other conferences, it's strengthening their brand. I dont get why that's so hard for you to understand

Nor is MN scared of NDSU. If we can go into lincoln and win, we can certainly handle NDSU at home. Yes, it would be a tougher challenge than some MAC schools.

How are teams like Indiana State, MO State and UNI, who rely in Instate or local FBS games, going to survive?
Um, who cares? That's their responsibility to figure out.

So, you want NDSU to add 22 scholarships, then you want to play? Ya, Kills not going to fall for that one.

My feeling about this B1G policy really has nothing to do with NDSU. How are teams like Indiana State, MO State and UNI, who rely in Instate or local FBS games, going to survive? If the MAC is next, how do some of those teams survive without pay days and a cut of the revenue. If you look at this from a, what's best for college football perspective, it's a very selfish move. That's my concern. And it's unnecessary to tell IN or Purdue that they can't play IN State. It's unnecessary to tell Iowa that they can't play UNI. Then, look at the slate of FBS cupcakes on WIs schedule? The sos argument by the B1G is a ruse at best.

Well now you bizons can go play the SEC and show how good you're. Seriously there are over a hundred FBS teams not in the big ten. You will be fine. And not all non power five schools need a giant pay day to get squashed by a power 5 school. In fact I am sure the Missouri Valley schools will be just fine as its a pretty good ball conference as well.

My god look at Wisconsins schedule for next year. And to play all 3 right away. Nebraska even has Ohio State. Next year might be our Chance at the big10 west.
I'm thinking this year is the year. Hey...I like to live in the now. [emoji6]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seriously, that's the most asinine argument ever. Where in Jim Delany's job description is he judged on the basis of whether he keeps frickin' UNI and Indiana St. in business? The whole line of reasoning is so insanely idiotic that I can't believe you continue to advance it and expect to be taken seriously. It sounds like something a 3rd grader would advocate.

FCS schools seem to think it's the responsibility of Power 5 schools to subsidize their programs. It's ridiculous.

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching more games with New Mexico State, Idaho, or any team from the MAC.

Any team that plays Weber State, Indiana State cannot complain about anything. If NDSU fans wanna play the Gophers, Wisconsin and other Power 5 Teams, maybe they should move up instead of beating the Sisters of the Poor every year. I do think scheduling should be left up to the schools, but there is no reason to play NDSU or like programs. It doesn't help for recruiting, strength of schedule. And speaking as a season ticket holder, it's a game that no alumni is interested in seeing.

So if the NFL has ideas and plans that would strike a death blow to the financial feasibility of B1G football and Minnesota Gopher football, they should just go ahead. . . as long as its in the NFL's best interest? Is that what you are saying? Or does the NFL have a responsibility to consider college football and its feasibility as it makes decisions about developing minor leagues? The NFL could take steps to decimate college football as we know it, but that would be fine as long as the NFL could make some money, right?

FCS schools seem to think it's the responsibility of Power 5 schools to subsidize their programs. It's ridiculous.

In Iowa, indiana, IL, Ohio, MO, etc where you have FBS and FCS teams that play quite frequently, I think the attitude of the people is a little different than yours.

So if the NFL has ideas and plans that would strike a death blow to the financial feasibility of B1G football and Minnesota Gopher football, they should just go ahead. . . as long as its in the NFL's best interest? Is that what you are saying? Or does the NFL have a responsibility to consider college football and its feasibility as it makes decisions about developing minor leagues? The NFL could take steps to decimate college football as we know it, but that would be fine as long as the NFL could make some money, right?
Strawman argument.

Keep trying

Edit. Just a dumb argument. The b1g is financially viable without nfl subsidy

Too add why pay for a minor league when you have college football?

It's a "ruse"? How many D1 teams with only one or two losses did the NCAA leave out of the playoffs? SOS isn't a "ruse". Selfish? It's selfish that Big Ten teams won't be paying dinky schools like NDSU to play them anymore? Sorry that half of the Bison's yearly budget was cut in half.

The Gophers aren't going to be playing the Bison ever again......so why are you still here?

The NFL has no obligation to consider the implications on college football if it makes a move. If the NFL could make a minor league that would improve their product and blow college football out of the water, it is the commissioner's job to do it. Its college football's job to make sure it stays feasible.

It's a "ruse"? How many D1 teams with only one or two losses did the NCAA leave out of the playoffs? SOS isn't a "ruse". Selfish? It's selfish that Big Ten teams won't be paying dinky schools like NDSU to play them anymore? Sorry that half of the Bison's yearly budget was cut in half.

The Gophers aren't going to be playing the Bison ever again......so why are you still here?
I'd swap out the 2019 South Dakota State scheduled game for NDSU just to prove that we could beat them.

I'd swap out the 2019 South Dakota State scheduled game for NDSU just to prove that we could beat them.

Shut up eagan.

Don't pretend to these people you're anything but a ND fan.

Stick to JV ball.

Top Bottom