New B1G schedule commitment: No FCS, at least one P5 game

"Note that not every part of this commitment may go into effect as soon as 2016 for every team; though Delany said the league's athletic directors have each agreed not to add any more FCS teams to their schedules, existing contracts with FCS teams -- such as Iowa's with North Dakota State and Northern Iowa -- may still go forward as planned."

"Assuming the Pac-12 doesn't immediately follow the Big Ten's lead on the Power Five nonconference front, the Big Ten would be both the first conference to combine playing nine league games with a required Power Five nonleague game, and the first conference to eliminate FCS games.

Among its Power Five peers, Delany's conference is already playing the second-highest percentage of its nonconference games against Power Five opponents and the lowest percentage of its games against the FCS. Arguments about its teams' strength-of-schedules will continue into 2016 and far beyond, of course -- nothing it does outside of conference will change how the College Football Playoff selection committee views its teams' in-conference slates, of course -- but you can't accuse the Big Ten of not trying."

We still have South Dakota State on the schedule for 2019, so a future match up with North Dakota State is possible.

Nope unless we already have a pre arranged contract. Or the bison sack up and become an FBS program

Nope unless we already have a pre arranged contract. Or the bison sack up and become an FBS program

Quote Originally Posted by Northrop View Post

We still have South Dakota State on the schedule for 2019, so a future match up with North Dakota State is possible.

Yes, you're both right. It is possible.

I wonder if the U will be forced to drop one of the games scheduled for 2018. Currently all slots are filled - Fresno, New Mexico St, and Miami, OH - and none are p5.

Great move. Better bang for our buck for tickets and establishing playoff excellence.

I wonder if the U will be forced to drop one of the games scheduled for 2018. Currently all slots are filled - Fresno, New Mexico St, and Miami, OH - and none are p5.

No. Existing contracts will be honored.
Maybe they will be encouraged to move one of them to a different year though.

AggieVision to the B12 confirmed!!

I don't see how an already scheduled game with South Dakota State has anything to do with whether we would make an exception to the "no FCS" rule for an unaffiliated school from another state.

My god look at Wisconsins schedule for next year. And to play all 3 right away. Nebraska even has Ohio State. Next year might be our Chance at the big10 west.

Yeah next year sets up fairly well, although we play both Wisconsin and Nebraska on the road.

Yeah next year sets up fairly well, although we play both Wisconsin and Nebraska on the road.
In 2017 we get both Nebraska and Wisconsin at home but our crossovers change to Maryland and Michigan St (both still at home though).

My god look at Wisconsins schedule for next year. And to play all 3 right away. Nebraska even has Ohio State. Next year might be our Chance at the big10 west.

Makes up for last year and this year.

I don't see how an already scheduled game with South Dakota State has anything to do with whether we would make an exception to the "no FCS" rule for an unaffiliated school from another state.

eagan is just desperate to get his real team another game against the Gophers.

And no TCU. I almost think we win 9 games by default although @Penn State might quite tough in two years.

Just schedule good teams B10. Your puff your chest policies do nothing to ensure that your SOS is actually going to be better. Just schedule good teams and shut the hell up with your arrogant policies.

Just schedule good teams B10. Your puff your chest policies do nothing to ensure that your SOS is actually going to be better. Just schedule good teams and shut the hell up with your arrogant policies.

Shocked ndsu fan comes to whine

I hope more p5 conferences follow

Other than ndsu is there another fcs team worth a sh*t? Serious question!

Shocked ndsu fan comes to whine

Only a league like the B1G would need a policy like that. The arrogance is unbelievable. Stand up and make a schedule, what's so hard about that? Play good teams, what's so hard about that? Does Idaho have some openings?

Minny's not going to schedule NDSU anyway, it has nothing to do with that. But What kind of a league makes a policy like that?

I'm not directing this at MN fans, but this is very unnecessary by your league. Maybe the BiG can force a few FCS teams to drop football. Nice work B1G.

Top Bottom