PiPress: Iowa still hurting from 2014 beatdown

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

Iowa senior center Austin Blythe said the 51-14 beatdown the Hawkeyes received from Minnesota at TCF Bank Stadium was their most disappointing loss last season.

"Definitely No. 1," Blythe said. "I remember talking with my dad immediately after the game. I was embarrassed. I think that a lot of guys in the locker room were embarrassed. If you are anything but embarrassed, you should stop playing."

Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said it was certainly among the biggest letdowns of a 7-6, fourth-place finish in the Big Ten West Division.

"We had two games where we never gave ourselves a chance to be competitive," said Ferentz, who seemed to include the 45-28 loss to Tennessee in the TaxSlayer Bowl. "That's a credit to (Minnesota). They came more than ready to play, and we didn't and we paid for it.

"When you are playing a good team, that's a real bad combination."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28563881/gophers-football-iowa-still-hurting-from-2014-beatdown

Go Gophers!!

It is one of the VERY few games where I was actually drunk during it. The Gophers were blasting them & we were buying so many beers from the vendors, absolutely yucking it up & enjoying every single minute of it.

I still do believe that they weren't as bad as that game. It was a perfect storm. The Gophers played ridiculously well, but it was kind of a snowball effect. Once it got rolling, the Gophs could do no wrong. I'm still surprised Santoso's FG at the end of the 1st half didn't go; I would have paid any amount of money that would have been good the way things were going.

Now why wouldn't THAT game be a Minnesota Football Classic? :)

I sit by the visitors in the upper deck. In the 2nd half after a Gopher touchdown, the kickoff went out of bounds for a penalty. The whole Hawkeye section stood up and cheered! A pretty funny moment.

Now why wouldn't THAT game be a Minnesota Football Classic? :)

Maybe it would not paint Iowa football in a respectful light?

If that is the case, maybe the Ohio State vs. Wisky laugher gets a pass because it was the B1G championship. (...Also maybe because *Ohio State...)

I sit by the visitors in the upper deck. In the 2nd half after a Gopher touchdown, the kickoff went out of bounce for a penalty. The whole Hawkeye section stood up and cheered! A pretty funny moment.
'out of bounce'? Anyone know, is Santoso pals with Tom Brady?

Top Bottom