Isaac Fruechte and Vikes

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Got thinking about Isaac Fruechte and the possibility that he is Mr. Mankato this year for the Vikings and sticks with the practice squad or better. I know chances may be slim.

But... if he does and the U of M WR corps continues to struggle, does that create any red flags for anyone.

Just throwing it out there.

Got thinking about Isaac Fruechte and the possibility that he is Mr. Mankato this year for the Vikings and sticks with the practice squad or better. I know chances may be slim.

But... if he does and the U of M WR corps continues to struggle, does that create any red flags for anyone.

No - If I were you I would just pick it up and say it was an inadvertent flag. Clearly Minnesota has had problems at WR. There are several reasons for this but one of them is not the coaching staff. At Northern Illinois their WR performed very well. Unfortunately Andre McDonald, Jamel Harbison, and a Mother's Best Friend brought a whole set issues that wasn't good. Engels may be a better example of what they can do at the WR position. He as doing great until he was injured for the last half of last season. Kill and Company has shown that they are very good at fixing things. They turned the specialty game around and there is no reason why they can't do the same with the passing game. I am very hopeful that we should begin to see a passing game that will be similar to what Kill ran at Northern Illinois passing game this fall.

Isaac played well for the Gophers the past three years despite not having a lot of catches, yards or TDs. He blocked well and had some key possession receptions last season. At times he got good separation on deeper routes but the connection wasn't quite there . He was a solid player in my book and I really hope he makes the Vikings team.

Isaac played well for the Gophers the past three years despite not having a lot of catches, yards or TDs. He blocked well and had some key possession receptions last season. At times he got good separation on deeper routes but the connection wasn't quite there . He was a solid player in my book and I really hope he makes the Vikings team.

Blocking ability is probably the 1st thing the pros look at for these type of special teams players and practice squad guys.

The only way it would be a red flag is if he came into the NFL and became a top receiver in the league. Then I might think we missed something during his time here. But if he does make it (still a long shot in my opinion) it will likely be on special teams or the practice squad which would not signify that the staff missed out on some all world receiver talent. Wish him all the best and would love to see him make it but as a WR he was just ok so if he does make it, it will be because he is willing to do all the little things that the high priced veterans don't want to do.

No - If I were you I would just pick it up and say it was an inadvertent flag. Clearly Minnesota has had problems at WR. There are several reasons for this but one of them is not the coaching staff. At Northern Illinois their WR performed very well. Unfortunately Andre McDonald, Jamel Harbison, and a Mother's Best Friend brought a whole set issues that wasn't good. Engels may be a better example of what they can do at the WR position. He as doing great until he was injured for the last half of last season. Kill and Company has shown that they are very good at fixing things. They turned the specialty game around and there is no reason why they can't do the same with the passing game. I am very hopeful that we should begin to see a passing game that will be similar to what Kill ran at Northern Illinois passing game this fall.

I'm guessing the OP was wondering if it raised any red flags about our QB more so than the coaches. Just a hunch.

I'm guessing the OP was wondering if it raised any red flags about our QB more so than the coaches. Just a hunch.

That would be my guess and my opinion.

Many people here saying 'an improved M leidner' this year........I'm not quite that confident. Please prove me wrong.

I suspected that also but I wasn't going to bring it up. No need for another summer rerun.:horse:

I suspected that also but I wasn't going to bring it up. No need for another summer rerun.:horse:

Do you know where we can find Boston Legal reruns?

ss-legal_briefs.png

Top Bottom