Who from the Minnesota Media will Attend the Big 10 Kickoff in Chicago?

husker70

Reaction score
KFAN? WCCO, KSTP, KARE 11, Pioneer Press, Star Tribune, Rochester Post Bulletin, Winona Daily News, Bleed, KMSP 9, Southernminn.com covering Owatonna, St. Peter, Northfield, Faribault, Le Sueur, Le Center, Waseca, Kenyon, Lonsdale, Janesville, and Blooming Prairie. Gopherlady, KEYC, KNUJ, West Central Tribune.

who you got that should put some effort in covering Big 10 Football?

Too bad a blogger such as Ryan Burns doesn't attend. He would bring superior knowledge and understanding to the event.

Media Days calendar:

SEC Media Days: July 13-16 (Hoover, AL)

ACC Football Kickoff: July 19-20 (Greensboro, NC)

Conference USA Media Days: July 21-22 (South Florida)

BYU Media Day: July 24 (BYU)

Big Ten Media Days: July 30-31 (Chicago, IL)

Pac-12 Media Days: July 30-31 (Los Angeles, CA)

Gaard, Grimm, Joe C, Marcus, Minnesota Daily....that will be it, I would guess.

Sad no local tv shows interest.

Kind of a shame no out-state papers, tv or radio do anything.

Gaard usually does a very nice job with Gophs and Rivals.

Jerry Kill will be in Chicago this weekend when Wavenski Aime come to town for his official. Is this going to impact his recruitment?

Sad no local tv shows interest.

If they get all their access next week with the Gophers before practice starts, why go to Chicago in July to talk to a wide receiver from Purdue or a lineman from Iowa?

1. Support the program.
2. Get insights from other media on the Gophers
3. Get a sense of other teams strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the Gophers
4. Bag three or five stories.
5. Would you rather spend a couple days in Chicago, or a week in Mankato?|

Jerry Kill will be in Chicago this weekend when Wavenski Aime come to town for his official. Is this going to impact his recruitment?

I'm not sure on what his responsibilities are but won't Kill come back on Friday in time for the start of Aime's visit?

I'm not sure on what his responsibilities are but won't Kill come back on Friday in time for the start of Aime's visit?
Perhaps it'll be Saturday morning, but usually, the in depth sit down with Coach Kill is done Sunday morning.

Perhaps it'll be Saturday morning, but usually, the in depth sit down with Coach Kill is done Sunday morning.

Yep. Regardless, I doubt they would schedule an official on a weekend where Kill wasn't able to fulfill his usual visit responsibilities.

Depends whether you like dodging bullets...

Dodging bullets???? Are you looking for a cheap laugh, or have you never been to Chicago? Most of the gang related shootings happen on the south side and far west side. Anywhere in the loop or River North is probably safer than Minneapolis. In Chicago they take their convention and tourist business seriously and the law enforcement does not put up with much BS from the criminal scum in the prime areas (all the loop and anywhere within blocks of the Lake from Evanston all the way to McCormick Place.

I would suggest that scene around the fancy Minneapolis Library on Nicollet Mall, which is essentially a multi-million dollar homeless shelter would not be tolerated for more than a day on Michigan Avenue in Chicago.

Dodging bullets???? Are you looking for a cheap laugh, or have you never been to Chicago? Most of the gang related shootings happen on the south side and far west side. Anywhere in the loop or River North is probably safer than Minneapolis. In Chicago they take their convention and tourist business seriously and the law enforcement does not put up with much BS from the criminal scum in the prime areas (all the loop and anywhere within blocks of the Lake from Evanston all the way to McCormick Place.

I would suggest that scene around the fancy Minneapolis Library on Nicollet Mall, which is essentially a multi-million dollar homeless shelter would not be tolerated for more than a day on Michigan Avenue in Chicago.

It was tongue in cheek. I've been there many times and never had a problem. Granted I don't go to the part of town that has 19 murders in a weekend, but hey. Just poking fun.

It was tongue in cheek. I've been there many times and never had a problem. Granted I don't go to the part of town that has 19 murders in a weekend, but hey. Just poking fun.

I do appreciate the reasonable reply to my thin skinned original post.

I really like spending time in Chicago, and am amazed by some of the things people think about Chicago. Despite my love for Chicago, there are some strange things about it for sure, and it is very different from MSP/

The stark racial and socioeconomic differences are hard to get and handle on,(south side, west side, Gold Coast, $north suburbs) when suddenly the perspective changes when the relaxed, dynamic black/white 40/60 mix in the white collar, high income near north side becomes noticeable, for me. (you rarely experience that in Minnesota) This for me is somewhat relevant in an era of Baltimore, Obama's divisiveness, and general polarization. Chicago is just a very unpredictable place, with good and bad mixed in.

Watching all those Bob Newhart shows as a kid (as silly as that sounds), and driving though the city (and stopping at the lakefront, museums (king tut exh.) then driving through the hood on the way east to see things that reminded me of watching Good Times up close for some kid that grew up next to corn fields ) many times on family vacations probably had an impact on me.

If I had a great paying job, a nice condo with a balcony near the water, and nice boat, (and no car, just a bicycle and motorcycle) I'd be extremely thrilled to be in Chicago, especially as someone who likes to drive to Big Ten football games. If I had to commute through 40 miles of hellish traffic each way every day, or lived in some poorly maintained, high taxesd area 10-20 miles from the Lake, I'd probably want to move to Indianapolis or Des Moines immediately.

Top Bottom