James Johannensen clocking at 22.2 MPH, trailing only Berkley Edwards

That's the one that who has been getting a look at RB - A very big look.

I'm pretty sure he is getting a look at Fullback H-back TE. I can almost make out that it is an FB next to his name on the speed chart.

We've been clamoring for depth and to stop playing underclassmen at QB.

When Kill got the keys to the program he had:

Marqueis Gray Jr.
Max Shortell Fr.
Dexter Foreman Fr.

From my pov we never really had depth. Shortell really wasn't what kill wanted, Foreman was a miss, and then Nelson. Maybe it is the coaches fault that they couldn't keep quaterback's on the roster.

I see missing on Foreman as their fault, though I don't know who they could've gotten aside from him,

So amateur football players aren't fast when compared to the fastest human being in the history of Earth? No sh1t, huh?

+1 That what I love about the GopherHole! Where else can you get insight like this but here?

If I remember right the year Foremen was signed it was Kills first class. Also I believe he was the last commit. Probably was a recruit that they were not real high on but may have been athletic so thought he might work out.

Go Gophers!

World class sprinters hit 25 mph +, I think Usain Bolt was clocked 27 mph
~~~ here, per Wikipedia:

44.7 km/h
The fastest human footspeed on record is 44.7 km/h (12.4 m/s or 27.78 mph), seen during a 100 meters sprint (average speed between the 60th and the 80th meter) by Usain Bolt.

Yeah but Bolt is a "long strider" which means he's really not that fast.

Boys, looks like you didn't major in math, arithmetic or thinking. A 22.2 mph top speed is NOT fast for any young athlete, male or female. There's 10 kids in most every small high school in the furthest corner of N Dakota that can hit 22 or 23 miles per hour.

Now an average speed of 22.2 mph over 100 yds or 100 meters is fast, blazing fast by college football standards. It equates to a 9.19 hundred yd dash.

Boys, looks like you didn't major in math, arithmetic or thinking. A 22.2 mph top speed is NOT fast for any young athlete, male or female. There's 10 kids in most every small high school in the furthest corner of N Dakota that can hit 22 or 23 miles per hour.

Now an average speed of 22.2 mph over 100 yds or 100 meters is fast, blazing fast by college football standards. It equates to a 9.19 hundred yd dash.

Holy $hit Boys and Girls, we have a bona fide #1 seed for The GopherHole Preposterous Statement Tournament from Ragpile. I doubt there are 3 people in the entire West River area of North Dakota right now that could run 22.2 mph as their top speed.

What is this, National Miss the Point Day?

Hand timed or electric timed?

What do you mean?
The National Championship FSU team had a fastest time of 22.8mph, we have a big running back run 22.2, that's exceptional. He was only .1mph slower than Berkley Edwards a player with known exceptional football speed. As an aside our fastest wr Desmond Gant can match FSU's record.

I would be more interested in the delta in speed over time, or acceleration. For example, how fast can they cover 5 or 10 yards from a dead stop. Berkeley is pretty fast but he hasn't done much evading Big Ten defenders thus far.

I'm not a sprinting expert, but I remember reading top speed is achieved after something like 40-60 meters during a race. Usain Bolt hit 27 mph for only the latter portion of his record 100 m sprint, and averaged 23 mph.

Bolt averaged 27.8 mph from 60 to 80 meters and 23.5 start to finish.

I didn't see any mention above to an average speed of 22.2 mph, it seems posters here think a top speed of 22.2 mph is fast. But then they probably think Eggplant and Maroon are the same color, a million is almost a billion, there's 528 feet in a mile etc.

Bolt averaged 27.8 mph from 60 to 80 meters and 23.5 start to finish.

I didn't see any mention above to an average speed of 22.2 mph, it seems posters here think a top speed of 22.2 mph is fast. But then they probably think Eggplant and Maroon are the same color, a million is almost a billion, there's 528 feet in a mile etc.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11121315/florida-state-seminoles-coach-jimbo-fisher-use-gps-technology-win-national-championship

Quote from the story linked above:

Twenty-two point eight, Jacobs confirms, and history is made. Cook's top speed during his 40-yard dash -- 22.8 mph -- pushed him past veteran receiver Rashad Greene for the team's best mark, [Florida State football] and the other players quickly offered congratulations to the rookie. Greene, too, was impressed, but also inspired.

1. I think a top speed of 22.8 mph is fast. I think 22.2 mph too is fast - just six-tenths of second slower than the fastest player at Florida State.
2. I think the WR's and RB's at Florida State are faster than most of the oil rigger's kids going high school in Minot, ND.
3. But ragpile thinks there are dozens of kids running around the oil derricks of North Dakota clocking in at 22.2 mph.

1. I think a top speed of 22.8 mph is fast. I think 22.2 mph too is fast - just six-tenths of second slower than the fastest player at Florida State.
2. I think the WR's and RB's at Florida State are faster than most of the oil rigger's kids going high school in Minot, ND.
3. But ragpile thinks there are dozens of kids running around the oil derricks of North Dakota clocking in at 22.2 mph.

James took 3rd place in the ND state track meet in the 100, 200, AND 400m races. So apparently there are exactly 2 North Dakotans faster than him.

Don't know if this as been brought up - but when they are quoting these football speeds, is it with pads? on a field? during football drills? on a track? All of these would make a difference too.

Oh now it's top speed during a 40 yd dash. Previously it was top speed period, no qualifiers. I'm glad someone here finally got a clue.

A top speed of 22.2 is not remotely fast but 22.2 after 40 yards on the way to 26 or so might be.

Oh now it's top speed during a 40 yd dash. Previously it was top speed period, no qualifiers. I'm glad someone here finally got a clue.

A top speed of 22.2 is not remotely fast but 22.2 after 40 yards on the way to 26 or so might be.
[video]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif[/video]

Wrong. You're just wrong. Wrong wrong.

Don't be to proud to admit that you're...you know...wrong.

Top Bottom