James Johannensen clocking at 22.2 MPH, trailing only Berkley Edwards

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Am I confusing this kid with someone else?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wasn't he too big to be a running back? More likely a linebacker or defensive end? Did I dream it or was that about another of the running back recruits?

Wasn't he too big to be a running back? More likely a linebacker or defensive end? Did I dream it or was that about another of the running back recruits?

I think that was just the Gopherholers assuming he wouldn't stick at RB with the young depth. Granted he is a true freshman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's looking real good. I was also pleased to be able to catch the top four WR times, KJ Maye is in fourth, with the first three spots occupied by the redshirts.

There's been conjecture. You could also be thinking of Colton Beebe.

He's looking real good. I was also pleased to be able to catch the top four WR times, KJ Maye is in fourth, with the first three spots occupied by the redshirts.

That jumped out to me too. Would love to see them stretch the field.

I was one who thought he'd be a dynamic OLB (speed, strength, agility) with all our depth at RB, including in his own class of Shannon Brooks and Jonathon Femi-Cole.

Very impressive for a big RB like James.

Another one that surprises me is Croft who is right up there with Streveler and faster than some of the RB's.

Another one that surprises me is Croft who is right up there with Streveler and faster than some of the RB's.

The first post that he should start over ML7 in 3..2..1...

Re: Streveler

Surprised Streveler has not been moved to WR or D back/safety. Great athlete and fast. Not sure he can throw well enough at QB and we have some quality depth at the position.

Surprised Streveler has not been moved to WR or D back/safety. Great athlete and fast. Not sure he can throw well enough at QB and we have some quality depth at the position.

Don't want to hijack the thread. I can't see Streveler being moved this year as he's the only other QB that has played any meaningful snaps (I think Rhoda got a couple hand-offs last season). MAYBE next year when our depth is a bit more 'seasoned', but I like our depth better with Streveler as QB versus having 2 walk-ons (albeit sounds like very good walk-ons). We've been clamoring for depth and to stop playing underclassmen at QB. I'd hate to hurt our depth but I also understand getting our best athletes on the field. Freely admit, I have no clue what he or the coaches have discussed about preferred position, playing time, etc.

SR - Leidner
JR - Streveler, Rhoda
SO - Perra
FR - Croft, Poljan (would RS)

Preconceptions are funny. ESPN's recruiting board listed Johanneson as a FB, because everybody knows white kids can't play Halfback.

22.2 mph is not fast unless he was carrying a 5 gallon pail of milk on each arm, trying not to spill

Wow. He is Issac Fruechte fast.

World class sprinters hit 25 mph +, I think Usain Bolt was clocked 27 mph
~~~ here, per Wikipedia:

44.7 km/h
The fastest human footspeed on record is 44.7 km/h (12.4 m/s or 27.78 mph), seen during a 100 meters sprint (average speed between the 60th and the 80th meter) by Usain Bolt.

This article mentions how Florida State too uses he GPS Catapult system to measure top speeds. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11121315/florida-state-seminoles-coach-jimbo-fisher-use-gps-technology-win-national-championship

Long story short: Fastest measured time from a player on FSU's 2014 National Championship team was 22.8 mph/hr.
Ragpile you should read the story linked above Johannensen is football fast! I don't care what world class sprinters do we're talking football.

World class sprinters hit 25 mph +, I think Usain Bolt was clocked 27 mph
~~~ here, per Wikipedia:

44.7 km/h
The fastest human footspeed on record is 44.7 km/h (12.4 m/s or 27.78 mph), seen during a 100 meters sprint (average speed between the 60th and the 80th meter) by Usain Bolt.

So amateur football players aren't fast when compared to the fastest human being in the history of Earth? No sh1t, huh?

So amateur football players aren't fast when compared to the fastest human being in the history of Earth? No sh1t, huh?

Just like if you can't deadlift 1000+ lbs, you ain't strong.

Apparently his hips are too stiff for a lot of other positions and he is only a straight line speed guy.

Preconceptions are funny. ESPN's recruiting board listed Johanneson as a FB, because everybody knows white kids can't play Halfback.

It's because he is 220 lbs as a HS SR in a class that had two other smaller RBs. He is almost the exact size as Rodrick Williams coming out of HS and people have been talking about moving Rod to FB his entire career (it's a bad idea, but it's a pretty common idea with all large RBs, especially on teams with depth).

Top Bottom