SI: Why TCU is the most overrated squad

homermn

Reaction score
Don't assume the Big 12 is just a two-team league. Baylor and TCU bring back plenty of firepower and could make runs at College Football Playoff bids, but Oklahoma will likely have a say in the conference title race, too—or the Sooners could fall flat in their biggest games again. Meanwhile there should be plenty of reshuffling around the middle of the conference. So who will wind up where in the Big 12's new order? Get a better grasp with some superlatives.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...eam-superlatives-texas-longhorns-baylor-bears

Simply believes their overrated because they were "lucky" to have such a good turnover margin, barely any major injuries with their replacements doing even better and lose 6 very productive defensive players leaving which is a valid point.

I think TCU is overrated.
They had a great season last year. Hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice, but you could see they were not invincible playing Kansas and West Virginia.

I would expect 9-11 wins from them and wouldn't be shocked by 12-0...but I think they are far from a lock to win the conference title.

I don't think they are overrated. I think they're the second best team in the country.

However, I also think that with their schedule they'll lose 2 games or so and miss the playoff. So if they want to call 10-2 "overrated," ok.

I had a very vivid dream about the game last night. Gophers won 34-31 on a last second FG. Morrell pinned them deep, we forced a 3 and out and got the ball at around the 50. We drove into FG range and Leidner fumbled the snap while attempting to take a knee in FG range. After a super long unpiling, it was our ball and Santoso came on for the winner. I was on the chain gang and slipped into uniform to start the second half to become a 12th man for one play. I went deep and was wide open but Croft (yes, Croft) didn't see me and threw incomplete. I was on the TCU sideline telling the opponents that Croft runs like a Gazelle before my one snap. TCU was caught at halftime for using deflated balls, but I don't think any punishment was doled out.. My wife then rolled over and her frozen steak of a foot struck my calf instantly waking me up.

As for the OP, I don't think they are overrated at all. They return most starters (17/22?) on a team that would have been 13-0 if not for a bizarre meltdown. A team that destroyed Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Minnesota, scored 81 in a game, etc. They're very good.

I don't think they are overrated. I think they're the second best team in the country.

However, I also think that with their schedule they'll lose 2 games or so and miss the playoff. So if they want to call 10-2 "overrated," ok.

So who else do they lose to other than mn?

Top Bottom