BTN: Beat writers select 2015 Big Ten West sleeper teams (Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per BTN, a few of the writers pick the Gophers as a sleeper, although I think entering the season, we've progressed beyond "sleeper" pick for the division.

Dienhart: Minnesota. The Gophers are coming off consecutive 8-5 seasons that included the program’s first New Year’s Day bowl since the 1961 season. But I think Minnesota could take things to another level in 2015 and win the Big Ten West title.

Brian Neubert, Gold & Black Illustrated: Minnesota. I don’t know how if Minnesota is ever going to be a high-end contender in the Big Ten under Jerry Kill and his staff, but they look established now under a strong staff that’s been together a long time and won everywhere.

Sean Callahan, Huskeronline.com: Minnesota. If you were to rank overall units in the West, Minnesota’s defense may be the best. They had three players make national watch lists. They also have a coach in Jerry Kill who is now proven and knows how to control a game with his offense. They also have a great punter. If there’s a year set up for Minnesota to win the West, this is it. Wisconsin and Nebraska both have new head coaches and Iowa is down.

http://btn.com/2015/07/24/beat-writers-select-2015-big-ten-west-sleeper-teams/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom