Phil Steele releases 2015 preseason power poll

1. osu
2. tcu
39. minn
57. iowa

Phil Steele does a great job of making people believe he has insight. He collects a bunch of stats based on the past performance, but does little to understand the intangible qualities of teams and players that provide real insight. Most teams will resemble their past performance, but I can figure that out for myself without the stats.

It doesn't get much tougher schedule wise playing #1&2 and assuming these power rankings hold up which is highly unlikely. It is interesting that the bobcats are ranked ahead of the rams.

1. OSU
2. TCU
17. WI
34. Neb
35. Mich
39. U of M
54. NW
57. IA
62. ILL
78. PUR
81. Ohio
85. CSU
104. Kent St.

Phil Steele does a great job of making people believe he has insight. He collects a bunch of stats based on the past performance, but does little to understand the intangible qualities of teams and players that provide real insight. Most teams will resemble their past performance, but I can figure that out for myself without the stats.
X2 I don't pay attention to anything he writes because the level of analysis is so basic.

his whole schtick is just first to market...

not buying any of it

I see Steele's annual magazine is now $13. Lot's of info, but price is silly high.

his whole schtick is just first to market...

not buying any of it

Actually, this is not the case at all. July 1st was the official newsstand release date. Nearly 2 months after Lindy's and Athlons release.

Nobody was higher on TCU last year than Steele, so I'll say he nailed that one at least.

Really? I get that his analysis can be a bit dry due to his reliance on numbers, but I think Steele is the best in the business. Understanding the "intangible qualities of teams and players" is impossible and totally opinion based.

It doesn't get much tougher schedule wise playing #1&2 and assuming these power rankings hold up which is highly unlikely. It is interesting that the bobcats are ranked ahead of the rams.

1. OSU
2. TCU
17. WI
34. Neb
35. Mich
39. U of M
54. NW
57. IA
62. ILL
78. PUR
81. Ohio
85. CSU
104. Kent St.
Tough schedule indeed. But nice that #s 17, 34, 35 are at home while 54, 57, & 78 are away.

Top Bottom